|Founded||6 October 1994|
|Commenced operations||18 October 1994|
|Operating bases||Yangon International Airport
Mandalay Chanmyathazi Airport
|Company slogan||Safety, Reliability & Comfort|
|Parent company||Air Mandalay Ltd.
Air Mandalay (Burmese: အဲမန္တလေး) was an airline based in Yangon, Myanmar. It is a regional airline operating domestic services and international charter flights to neighboring countries. Its main base is Yangon International Airport. It ceased operations in December, 2014.
The airline was established on 6 October 1994 and started operations on 18 October 1994 with a flight from Yangon to Mandalay. It was the first domestic and regional Joint Venture Airline in Burma. It was established as a joint venture between Air Mandalay Holdings Singapore under Managing Director Michael Chang (51%) and Myanma Airways. On 27 August 1995, Air Mandalay started its first international service from Yangon to Chiang Mai in Thailand.
Air Mandalay serves the following destinations (as of April 2011):
- Bagan - Nyaung U Airport
- Heho - Heho Airport
- Mandalay - Mandalay International Airport Hub
- Dawei - Dawei Airport
- Kawthaung - Kawthaung Airport
- Sittwe - Sittwe Airport
- Tachilek - Tachilek Airport
- Thandwe - Thandwe Airport
- Yangon - Yangon International Airport Main Hub
- Naypyidaw - Naypyidaw International Airport
- Putao - Putao Airport
- Monywa - Monywa Airport
- Lashio - Lashio Airport
The Air Mandalay fleet includes the following aircraft (at 15 April 2011) :
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 62.
- Air Mandalay suspends services after failing to secure leased planes, By Ei Ei Thu, Monday, 22 December 2014 ,http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/12656-air-mandalay-suspends-services-after-failing-to-secure-leased-planes.html
- Air Mandalay Route Map
- , Japan Timess