|Publisher||Dar Al Hilal Publishing House|
|First issue||24 October 1924|
History and profile
The first issue of Al Musawar was published 24 October 1924. The founder of the weekly was George Bey Zidan. The publisher is Dar Al Hilal Publishing House. The weekly is semi-official and its editor-in-chiefs and head of the publishing house are appointed by the state.
One of its longest-serving editors was journalist Fekry Abaza. Female writer Amina Said was among the editors-in-chief of Al Musawar. Makram Mohammed Ahmed served as editor-in-chief of the weekly from the mid-1980s to 2005. Abdul Qadir Shuheib was appointed editor-in-chief in July 2005.
- Talaat I. Farag. "Satirical Papyrus and Modern Cartoonists (Part II)". The Ambassadors (15). Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Egypt axes media moguls". News24 (Cairo). 4 July 2005. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- J. Miller Gulf Crisis Produces Surge of Egyptian Confidence The New York Times 11 November 1990. Retrieved 24 November 2013
- "مجلة المصور" [Al-Musawar Magazine] (in Arabic). Bibliotheca Alexandrina: Memory of Modern Egypt Digital Archive. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "Happened on this day: 20 May 2013". Discover Egypt. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- The Theory and Practice of Islamic Terrorism. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 212. ISBN 978-0-230-61650-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Al-Musawwar.|