|Full name||Alan William Fettis|
|Date of birth||1 February 1971|
|Place of birth||Newtownards, Northern Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Goalkeeper, Striker|
|Current club||Manchester United
(Academy goalkeeping coach)
|1995||→ West Bromwich Albion (loan)||3||(0)|
|1999||→ Leicester City (loan)||0||(0)|
|2003–2004||→ Sheffield United (loan)||3||(0)|
|2004||→ Grimsby Town (loan)||11||(0)|
|Northern Ireland U16||1||(0)|
|Northern Ireland U17||1||(0)|
|Northern Ireland U18||1||(0)|
|1994–1998||Northern Ireland B||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
As a player he was as a goalkeeper from 1988 to 2007. He notably played for Hull City and York City having also had spells with Glentoran, Ards, West Bromwich Albion, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers, Leicester City, Sheffield United, Grimsby Town, Macclesfield Town and Bury.
Born in Newtownards, County Down, Fettis started his career with Glentoran before playing for Ards from 1988 to 1991, making 65 appearances in all competitions for the club. He was a firm fans' favourite whilst at Hull City, and on occasion found himself playing as a striker due to injuries at the club, and bagged himself a couple of goals in the process. He later rejoined his manager at Hull, Terry Dolan at York City, where his saves were credited by many fans with keeping York in the league during a period in which they struggled financially. He was sold back to Hull by new manager Chris Brass in 2003; York dropped out of the league a year later, returning for the 2012–13 season.
Fettis was signed by Bury on a 12-month deal in June 2006, but broke his right arm in a League Cup defeat against former side Sheffield United on 19 September. He was released by Bury at the end of the 2006–07 season.
In November 2008, Fettis became the new goalkeeping coach and chief scout at Cheltenham Town. In July 2009, Fettis became the new goalkeeping coach at Sunderland. He joined Manchester United in January 2011 as a goalkeeping coach for the club's Academy teams. In July 2011, Fettis made an appearance for Manchester United Reserves after both reserve keepers fell ill before a match against Shrewsbury Town.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2005). The PFA Premier & Football League Players' Records 1946–2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 206. ISBN 1-85291-665-6.
- "Alan Fettis". NIFG. 22 November 2006. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Goalkeeper Fettis seals Bury move". BBC Sport. 27 June 2006. Retrieved 25 July 2007.
- "The Retained List". Bury F.C. Retrieved 9 May 2007.
- "Billy Will Not Take Risks With Injured Keeper". This is Derbyshire. 16 July 2007. Retrieved 25 July 2007.
- "Fettis takes on dual role at club". BBC Sport. 21 November 2008. Retrieved 21 November 2008.
- "Robins lose Fettis to Sunderland". BBC Sport. 1 June 2009.
- "Former Town stopper Fettis joins coaching staff at Manchester United". Grimsby Telegraph. 22 January 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Manchester United Reserves keeper crisis forces Alan Fettis back into fray". Manchester Evening News. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2011.