Alba is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located in Antrim County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 295. It is situated on U.S. Highway 131 just north of Mancelona. Half of the community is in Star Township, and half is in Chestonia Township. In the 1900s, it was the site of the Detroit and Charlevoix and Grand Rapids and Indiana railroad junction.
Alba was established in 1876.
Alba is at northern Michigan, and the FIPS place code is 00900. The elevation is 1,179 feet (359 m) above sea level. The Alba ZIP code 49611 provides P.O. Box only service for an area around the community.in
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Alba CDP has an area of 2.7 square miles (7.1 km2), all land.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Alba CDP, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
- Romig, Walter. Michigan Place Names (Grosse Pointe, Michigan: Walter Romig, not dated) p. 14
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Alba, Michigan
- ZIP Code Lookup United States Postal Service
- 49611 5-Digit ZCTA, 496 3-Digit ZCTA - Reference Map - American FactFinder, U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 census