From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Albani is an Italian surname from Latin name Albanus or from Alba, a frequent toponym in Italy (Alba plus Latin suffix -anus that usually indicates a relationship of position, possession, or origin).
Albani may refer to:
- Painter Francesco Albani (1578–1660)
- Pope Clement XI born Giovanni Francesco Albani (1649–1721)
- Cardinal Alessandro Albani (1692–1779)
- Cardinal Annibale Albani
- Cardinal Gian Francesco Albani (1720–1803)
- Singer Dame Emma Albani (1847–1930)
- Islamic scholar Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani (1914–1999)
- Albani family, family from Rome and Urbino
- Albani Brewery
- Albani people, the Latin name for the inhabitants of Alba Longa
- Albani (Illyrian tribe), a tribe in Illyria
- Albani, family from Bergamo, Italy
See also 
Notes and references 
- Emidio De Felice, Dizionario dei cognomi italiani, Mondadori, Milano 2000, p. 48.
- Michele Francipane, Dizionario dei cognomi italiani, Rizzoli, Milano 2007, p. 266.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.