|Born||Santa Clara, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Chief Technology Officer
Alex Fielding is an American engineer and manager.
Fielding started his career as an engineer at Cisco Systems and Apple. Shortly after departing Apple, he worked at Exodus Communications for Ellen Hancock. Exodus' CEO who was Apple's former CTO. He co-founded Wheels of Zeus with Apple's co-founder Steve Wozniak in 2001. It was sold to Zontrak in 2006.
Fielding became CEO of encryption products company Ripcord Networks in 2004 with former Apple CEO, Gil Amelio, CTO, Hancock, and Wozniak on its board. The company existed through about 2009 when it's assets were purchased in an undisclosed transaction.
He was chief technology officer, federal at Power Assure and then vice president at Vigilent.
Fielding is on the board of directors of PharmaCapture and California Women Empowering Women, CAWEW, a 501c3 non-profit. He is an advisor to TEDMED and TED WED and the Lifeboat Foundation. He is a donor to UNICEF. Fielding is a former member of MENSA and SVASE. He has been a contributor on several patents including early work on inter-satellite routing. He is a contributing member of two NIST working groups on SCAP.
- Michael Kanellos (March 16, 2006). "Wozniak shuts down Wheels of Zeus: Not everything turns out to be Apple". CNet News. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Leander Kahney (August 4, 2004). "Ripcord's Board". Cult of Mac blog. Archived from the original on August 28, 2004. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Ripcord: Company Management". Old company web site. Archived from the original on March 2, 2009. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- iWoz: From Computer Geek to Culture Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It - Listed In Thank Yous
- Mitnick, Kevin; Simon, William L. (October 2003). The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security. Wiley Books. ISBN 978-0-7645-4280-0. Listed In Thank Yous
- Mitnick, Kevin; Simon, William L. (December 27, 2005). The Art of Intrusion: The Real Stories Behind the Exploits of Hackers, Intruders & Deceivers. Wiley Books. ISBN 978-0-7645-6959-3. Listed in Thank Yous.
- Simon, William L. (April 14, 2006). iCon Steve Jobs: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business. Wiley Books. ISBN 0471787841 - Quoted in emails from Steve Jobs.