|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2008)|
|Born||Alfonso Serrano Anido
December 31, 1959
Calamba City, Laguna
|Died||December 30, 1981
|Occupation||Actor, matinee idol|
|Relatives||Albert Jr. (brother)|
Alfie Anido (December 31, 1959 – December 30, 1981) was a popular Filipino matinee idol best remembered for his death at the age of twenty one. He was the eldest of four children of Alberto Anido and Sara Serrano, and was the brother of Albert Anido, another Filipino actor.
Born Alfonso Serrano Anido, he was also a fashion and commercial model before he became a contract star for Regal Films, a leading Filipino film production company. He was dubbed as one of the Regal Babies, along with then-young actors such as Gabby Concepcion, William Martinez, Albert Martinez, Maricel Soriano, Snooky Serna and Dina Bonnevie. He was famously linked with Bonnevie, his co-star in the 1980 camp classic Temptation Island. At the time of his entry into show business, he was in college at the Ateneo de Manila University taking up Management.
The official version, contemporaneously reported in the mainstream Manila media, was that Anido had shot himself in a suicide. This version has not been officially or authoritatively contradicted to this day. However, immediately after his death, rumors quickly spread that Anido was actually murdered, and that such fact was covered up owing to the prominence of the personalities allegedly involved. Fingers started pointing to the direction of the family of an ex-girlfriend whose father was a high ranking government official, Minister of Defense Juan Ponce Enrile. The rumor gained traction in Manila, which was then under the throes of the authoritarian rule of Ferdinand Marcos, whose government controlled the mass media during that period. Other versions on the death of Anido were printed in the alternative press such as the Philippine Collegian, the official student organ of the University of the Philippines, a hotbed of anti-Marcos activism.
Anido died on December 30, 1981 at his home in Bel Air Makati when he was the age of 21 and one day short before his 22nd birthday.
- 1980: Nympha - introducing role (movie released March 7, 1980)
- 1980: Uhaw sa Kalayaan (movie released June 6, 1980)
- 1980: Temptation Island - Alfredo (movie released July 4, 1980)
- 1980: Katorse - Albert (movie released July 25, 1980)
- 1980: Waikiki: Sa lupa ng ating mga pangarap (movie released November 14, 1980)
- 1981: Bilibid Boys (movie released January 16, 1981)
- 1981: Blue Jeans (movie released February 20, 1981)
- 1981: Bilibid Gays - guest role (movie released July 31, 1981)
- 1981: Kasalanan Ba? - Benjie (movie released October 2, 1981)
- 1981: Throw Away Child - Atty. Delfin Llamzon (movie posthumously released January 8, 1982)
- 1981: Dormitoryo - (the only non-Regal movie that starred Alfie Anido; movie posthumously released January 15, 1982)
- 1981: Diosa (movie posthumously released August 13, 1982)
- 1981: The Diary of Cristina Gaston (movie posthumously released September 24, 1982)