Alison Sweeney attending "Susan G. Komen's 8th Annual Fashion For The Cure" event - Hollywood, CA on September 24, 2009
|Born||Alison Ann Sweeney
September 19, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||David Sanov (2000–present)|
Alison Ann Sweeney (born September 19, 1976) is an American dramatic actress and reality show host. Sweeney is best known for her portrayal of Samantha "Sami" Brady on NBC's long running Days of our Lives, a role she has played under contract with the show since January 6, 1993. In this role, she has earned four Soap Opera Digest Awards and a Fan Voted Daytime Emmy Award. In 2007, she became the host of The Biggest Loser.
Her television debut was at age five in a Kodak advertisement. A few years later, she was in an episode of Tales from the Darkside. The episode, titled I Can't Help Saying Goodbye, first aired on October 5, 1986. She played the part of a young girl named Karen who could sense when others were going to die shortly before their deaths. In 1988, she appeared on the short-lived ABC sitcom Family Man, and the following year, was cast as Christy McCray on A Brand New Life, a miniseries from future X-Files creator Chris Carter that aired within NBC's Magical World of Disney in October 1989. The miniseries, which co-starred Barbara Eden as Sweeney's mother and Don Murray as her new stepfather, was considered for pick-up as a stand alone series beyond its Disney tryout, but the regular series never materialized.
In the 1990s, Sweeney struggled with her weight. She eventually was a US dress size 12 (UK dress size 16), not obese by medical standards, but still larger than her television peers. She documented all the tabloid talk and personal anguish in her 2004 memoir, All The Days of My Life (So Far).
In 2002, she appeared on a celebrity episode of the NBC reality game show Fear Factor. She has appeared in other NBC shows such as Friends and Las Vegas. In 2007, she joined the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon as a co-host for the live television broadcast. She returned to her co-hosting duties for the 2008, 2009, and 2010 telethons.
In 2007, Sweeney took over hosting duties on The Biggest Loser, replacing Caroline Rhea since the fourth season. She was surprised but happy to be offered the role, where she is able to cheer on contestants and share their victories.
Personal life 
Sweeney was married in Los Angeles, California. On July 8, 2000, Sweeney married David Sanov, a California highway patrolman who once appeared on Days of our Lives in the role of a police officer. The couple have two children, a son, Ben, born in February 2005 and a daughter, Megan, born in January 2009. The family currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
Sweeney is a long-time allergy sufferer.
|1987; 1993–present||Days of our Lives||Young Adrienne Johnson
Samantha "Sami" Brady
|Role: 1987 – Flashbacks
Role: January 1993–present
Role: July 2007 – September 2007; February 2008
|1994||Diagnosis Murder||Taylor Mitchell||Episode: Standing Eight Count|
|2001||Friends||Jessica Ashley||Episode: The One With Joey's Award|
|2007–present||The Biggest Loser||Herself||Host|
|1990||The End of Innocence||Stephanie||12–15 years old|
- "Alison Ann Sweeney". TV Guide.
- "Days of Our Lives". SoapNet. Archived from the original on 29 March 2009. Retrieved April 1, 2009.
- "Any Questions?". Soap Opera Weekly. February 27, 2007. p. 22.
- "Biography". AlisonSweeney.com.
- "Alison Sweeney (Sami, Days of Our Lives)", Soap Opera Digest, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- "Tales from the Darkside: I Can't Help Saying Goodbye", TV.com, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- "Family Man (1988) Cast and Crew", TV.com, Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- Kroll, Dan J. (April 9, 2009). "Alison Sweeney reflects on 16 years as Sami and battling a common ailment". SoapCentral.com. Archived from the original on 13 April 2009. Retrieved April 13, 2009.
- Sweeney, Alison (2005). All The Days Of My Life (So Far). Kensington Books. ISBN 978-0-7582-0610-7.
- "Alison Ann Sweeney", SoapCentral.com, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- "MDA Telethon Raises Record 63.8 Million Dollars", Medical News Today, September 5, 2007, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- "Celebrities Line Up To Co-Host Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon", Muscular Dystrophy Association, August 15, 2008, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- "MDA Telethon", Muscular Dystrophy Association, Retrieved February 4, 2010
- Dagostino, Mark, "Meet Alison Sweeney's New Baby!", People, March 19, 2009, Retrieved February 4, 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alison Sweeney|