All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, commonly known as AIISH (AYE-SH), is located in Manasagangotri (Mysore University Campus), Mysore, India. It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The institute was established in 1966 with a focus on training professionals for speech and hearing sciences.
- B.Sc. (Speech and Hearing)
- M.Sc. (Audiology)
- M.Sc. (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Bachelors of Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
- Diploma in Hearing Aid and Earmould Technology
- B.Ed (Special Education-Distance Mode)
- Ph.D. (Audiology)
- Ph.D. (Speech-Language Pathology)
- Certificate Course on Communication Disorders
AIISH also conducts research in speech-language pathology, audiology, speech sciences, and hearing sciences. Some of the current research activities focus on early identification and genetics of hearing impairment, effectiveness of intervention strategies, development of assessment materials for Indian languages, and speech speaker recognition. It has developed normative data for speech and language acquisition in children for various Indian languages and established a research fund from which small grants are awarded to specialists working in fields such as neurology, genetics, epidemiology, linguistics, otolaryngology, clinical psychology and pediatrics. It also publishes a yearly scholarly journal
AIISH has been recognized as a center of excellence in the area of deafness by World Health Organization (WHO). It has also received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) as a center for advanced research and from the Department of Science & Technology (DST) as a Science and Technology Institute.
AIISH provides clinical services for speech, language, and hearing disorders through its clinical service program. The therapy clinic provides assessment and intervention services, for variety of speech, language, and hearing disorders, to individuals of all ages. It also offers public education programs and conducts workshops for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, educators for the hearing impaired, medical, and allied health professionals.
Notable Faculty and Alumni
- Dr. N. Rathna (former Director and considered as father of speech and hearing field in India)
- Dr. S. Nikam (Former Director and Professor of Audiology)
- Dr. M. N. Hegde (ASHA* Fellow)
- Dr. N. P. Nataraja (Formerly Professor and Head of Speech Sciences & Now the Director of JSS Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore)
- Dr. Vijayalakshmi Basavaraj (late director)
- Dr. M. Jayaram (Former Director)
- Mr. Kumar P.J. Gowda (Formerly on Faculty of Speech Sciences and Audiology) Now working in UAE as a Senior Audiologist.
- SLP Sanjay Kumar (Formerly an Alumnus of All India Institute of Speech and Hearing and AIIMS, New Delhi) Now working on awareness of communication disorders globally and its management.He is in private practice in India . His videos both before and after treatment are becoming popular globally.
- Dr. Savithri (current director)
- Dr. J. Bharatraj
- Dr. Pratibha Karanth
- Dr. Rajinder Koul (ASHA* Fellow)
- Mr. R. Rangasayee (current Director of AYJNIHH)
- Dr. G.Purshothama
- Dr. Saraswathy Menon
- Dr. ADSN Prasad
- Dr. T.A. Subbarao
- Dr. M. N. Vyasmurthy
- Dr. S. P. Goswamy
- Dr. Shyamala. K. C
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore". shiksha.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". htcampus.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". minglebox.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". punarbhava.in. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Speech and Hearing in India, SLP Sanjay Kumar with media talking on Puberphonia". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Videos both before and after treatment by a Speech Language Pathologist and an alumnus of this Institute at you tube
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
- Speech-language Pathology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Bhavana - Informational site for the hearing health professionals and consumers
- Asian Indian Caucus