Am I the Enemy
|Am I the Enemy|
|Studio album by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus|
|Released||August 30, 2011|
|Genre||Post-hardcore, alternative rock, emo|
|Label||Collective Sounds/RED Distribution|
|The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus chronology|
|Singles from Am I the Enemy|
Am I the Enemy is the third studio album by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus which was released on August 30, 2011. The album marks a return to the aggressive post-hardcore sound of their debut album as opposed to the polished hard rock featured on Lonely Road. The lead single, "Reap", was released to radio stations on March 24, 2011 and later released on iTunes on April 26. Two other tracks from the album, "Salvation" and "Fall from Grace", were released on YouTube on May 24. "Dive Too Deep", the second single off the album, and "Dreams" were released through GRAMMY.com and Rolling Stone magazine, respectively, on July 27. July 31 saw the premiere of another song, "Where Are the Heroes?", on Alternative Addiction. Another song, "Don't Lose Hope", was streamed on AOL's music blog on August 8. The album went up for pre-order on iTunes on August 10.
The album saw the band working with famed punk/hardcore producer John Feldmann, who has previously worked with such bands as Escape the Fate, The Used and Saosin. Feldmann also mixed the album, and arranged and co-wrote all the songs on the album along with vocalist Ronnie Winter.
"Choke" has previously appeared on the band's 2010 The Hell or High Water EP and was released as that EP's lead single.
The song "Wake Me Up" was streamed on Alternative Press's website on August 14 along with Ronnie's interview on helping local bands with songwriting.
Also the song "Reap" was used by WWE as the official theme song of their October pay-per-view event Hell in a Cell 2012.
All lyrics written by Ronnie Winter. All music written by Ronnie Winter and John Feldmann, except where noted.
|3.||"Wake Me Up"||3:28|
|4.||"Am I the Enemy"||3:18|
|6.||"Dive Too Deep" (Winter, John Kitchens, and Matt Carter)||3:29|
|7.||"Where Are the Heroes?" (Winter, Feldmann, Carter, and Kevin Griffin)||3:09|
|8.||"Angel in Disguise"||3:43|
|9.||"Don't Lose Hope" (Winter, Carter, and David Hodges)||3:25|
|10.||"Fall from Grace" (Winter, Kitchens, and Carter)||3:02|
|11.||"Choke" (Winter, Kitchens, and Carter)||2:47|
|12.||"Reap" (Radio edit)||3:22|
|iTunes bonus tracks|
|14.||"You Get Me High"||4:40|
|15.||"Salvation" (lyric video)||3:44|
|16.||"Reap" (lyric video)||3:30|
|amitheenemy.com hidden track|
|15.||"Not Like Before"||3:52|
The album received mixed reviews upon release.
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Ronnie Winter – lead vocals, additional guitar
- Duke Kitchens – lead guitar, vocals (recorded the album before leaving the band)
- Joey Westwood – bass, backing vocals
- Jon Wilkes – drums, percussion (recorded the album before leaving the band)
- Matt Carter – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (recorded the album before leaving the band)
- John Feldmann – producer, arranger, composer, engineer, mixing, programming, vocals
- Brandon Paddock – arranger, engineer, programming
- Spencer Hoad – engineer
- Joe Gastwirt – mastering
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The - Am I The Enemy. Absolute Punk.net
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Am I The Enemy Allmusic
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Am I The Enemy Sputnikmusic
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Am I The Enemy Rockfreaks.net