|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
Newent, United Kingdom
|Known for||Magician and notable publisher / writer of books for magicians.|
Andi Gladwin (May 10, 1983) is a professional British close-up magician, lecturer, publisher and performer. He has appeared on television numerous times, has lectured for magicians throughout the UK, US and Europe and written / published several books on magic (especially on card magic). Gladwin is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle.
Gladwin was born and raised in Newent, Gloucestershire where he currently resides. When he was 10, he saw a number of stage illusionists while on holiday. His interest in magic blossomed and he began to perform regularly from age 15. After working in IT for almost ten years, he became a professional close-up magician in January 2010.
Gladwin's TV engagements include performances on BBC1, BBC2, Channel 4 (The Big Breakfast) and The Young Magician's Showcase; a television special where he was picked by Las Vegas illusionist Lance Burton as one of the best young magicians in the world. Gladwin was the only non-American magician on the show.
In both 2004 and 2010, the industry magazine MAGIC Magazine dedicated their entire trick column - Talk About Tricks - to Gladwin's magic. In December 2010, the same magazine had a large profile on and interview with Gladwin.
In 2006, Gladwin published a collection of magic. Since then, he has published books containing magic by himself and many other close-up magicians.
Since 2006, Gladwin has organized a conference for magicians (alongside magician Rob James) called The Session. This is held every January in Gloucester and has featured dozens of expert magicians including Allan Ackerman, Wayne Houchin, Aaron Fisher, Lee Asher, Kostya Kimlat, Chad Long, John Archer, Tom Stone and more.
In 2010, Gladwin released his work on the Double Lift and Second Deal called The Master Pushoff. This two DVD set received rave reviews, such as "I sincerely hope it will serve as a model for other magicians who turn to DVD as a teaching medium; it's miles ahead of the pack in many important ways." — Gordon Meyer  and "Acquiring this skill will take work and practice, but the result is worth it. It will open up a new world of possibilities, and the DVD set is highly recommended. " —Matthew Field, The Magic Circular Magazine 
- In September 2012, Gladwin won the J.N. Maskelyne Literary Award; an award given by The Magic Circle for his contributions to magic literature.
- Jack Parker's 52 Memories (2008)
- Tyler Wilson's Dominatricks (2006)
- Movers & Shakers (with Tyler Wilson) (2007)
- The Magician's Ltd Cookbook (2007)
- High Spots (2009)
- Experience: The Magic of Jon Allen (2009)
- A Clockwork Apple (2009)
- Route 52 (2010)
- Rune's World (2010)
- Above the Fold (2010)
- One Degree (2010)
- Destroyers (2010)
- Moments (2010)
- The Three Types (2011)
- Finding the Center (2011)
- Hold 'Em Magic (2011)
- MAGIC Magazine, December 2004, MAGIC Magazine
- "Magic, The Complete Course" by Joshua Jay (Workman Publishing)
- "Gladwin / Jay collaboration" As reported in November 2008, MAGIC Magazine.
- Gordon Meyer, "The Master Pushoff Review", My Lovely Assistant, 10 January 2011.
- The Magic Circular Magazine 3/1/2011