||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2014)|
|Dr. Angela Orebaugh|
|Education||Master of Science, Ph.D.|
|Alma mater||James Madison University George Mason University|
|Known for||Technology and Cyber Security|
Angela Orebaugh is a cyber technology and security author, researcher, and industry leader.
She is best known as the author of Syngress' Wireshark and Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer Toolkit and Ethereal Packet Sniffing. She speaks at a variety of cybersecurity conferences and technology events including the SANS Institute and Institute for Applied Network Security.
Dr. Orebaugh is known for her long term involvement in several National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security initiatives including the authoring of security special publications, the National Vulnerability Database (NVD), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) project, and electronic voting security standards development.
Dr. Orebaugh has a number of peer-reviewed publications in the areas of intrusion detection and prevention, data mining, attacker profiling, user behavior analysis, behavioral biometrics, cyber psychology, and network forensics.
In 2011, Dr. Orebaugh was selected as Booz Allen Hamilton's first Cybersecurity Fellow. See the press release at: "Angela Orebaugh Named as Fellow in Booz Allen’s Functional Skills Belting Program"
Dr. Orebaugh has numerous books published in information security:
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Nmap in the Enterprise, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-241-6, 2008.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. How to Cheat at Configuring Open Source Security Tools , Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-170-9, 2007.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Wireshark & Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer Toolkit, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-073-3, 2006.
- Orebaugh, A., Biles, S., Babbin, J., Snort Cookbook, OReilly Publishing, ISBN 0-596-00791-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Rash, M., Babbin, J. and Pinkard, B., Intrusion Prevention and Active Response: Deploying Network and Host IPS, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-932266-47-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Ethereal Packet Sniffing, Syngress Publishing, Boston, MA., ISBN 1-932266-82-8, 2004.
- Securityknox — home page