||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2012)|
Anil K. Aggrawal, M.D.
|Born||August 17, 1956
New Delhi, India
|Fields||Forensic Medicine, Toxicology, Study of Paraphilias|
|Institutions||University College of Medical Sciences
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
University of Edinburgh
Maulana Azad Medical College
|Alma mater||University College of Medical Sciences
University of Delhi
|Academic advisors||Anthony Busuttil, University of Edinburgh|
Anil Aggrawal M.D. (Hindi: अनिल अग्रवाल) (born August 17, 1956) is a professor of forensic medicine at the Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. He is known chiefly as the Editor-in-Chief of the Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
Aggrawal passed his high school examination from Ramjas Higher Secondary School, Daryaganj in 1972, and then went on to join his premedical school in Hansraj College at the University of Delhi. In 1973 he was admitted to the University College of Medical Sciences, as a first year M.B.B.S. student. In 1978, he completed his internship and in the early part of 1979, did housemanship in otorhinolaryngology and medicine. In July 1979, he joined the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, as a first year postgraduate student in Forensic Medicine, under the guidance of Late Dr. Jagdish Chandra. He passed his M.D. in Forensic Medicine in June 1982.
Higher training and Teaching assignments
Dr. Aggrawal went to Edinburgh Medical School for higher training in 1989 and spent a year there. In 1996, he was awarded a WHO fellowship, under which he taught at Shiga University of Medical Sciences, Japan and Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, US.
- Ramaswamy, Alia (2005-02-27). "Spotlight:Forensic Scientists" (PDF). Business Today (India) (Living Media India Ltd.). p. 129. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- "Forensic Science for those with a detective mind". The Hindu. 2004-06-07. Archived from the original on 13 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- Lumb PD, Rutty GN. (2001). "Forensic web watch" (PDF). J Clin Forensic Med. 8 (2): 99–100. doi:10.1054/jcfm.2001.0469. PMID 15274978. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Faculty List". MAMC. Archived from the original on 10 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Book Reviews
- Anil Aggrawal's Internet Journal of Forensic Medicine