||Presenter and Personal Assistant
||Liam & Anne Gleeson
Ann Gleeson is an Irish radio personality who has presented, produced and featured on numerous Today FM shows. Today FM is a national radio station. She has gained cult status for her slots on Tom Dunne's Pet Sounds and her current position on The Ray Foley Show. Dunne would constantly include Gleeson, whom he would refer to as his "assistant Ann", with him, in his show and the two developed a nightly competition where she would hum an obscure track for the listeners to guess. Gleeson then became known for her "Ann Does Ireland!" segment on The Ray Foley Show, "Ann Does Ireland!" saw Gleeson travel Ireland on a weekly basis describing towns and cities in a humorous and satirical manner for Foley's lunchtime listeners. This led to her taking on an increasing role in the show, substituting for regular female co-host Adelle McDonnell and making contributions to the show's blog. Her involvement peaked recently when McDonnell married and took a five-week honeymoon, Gleeson filling in for her on twenty-five consecutive days only for Foley to jokingly claim on her departure that she only showered once every fortnight. She returned when Adelle went to Uganda on a pilgrimage. Gleeson was also involved in the recent special edition of The Ray D'Arcy Show live from Vicar Street, presented The Essential Guns N' Roses on 23 November 2008 (her debut on that show) and is credited for her part in the making of Even Better Than the Disco Thing. In July 2012, she began chemotherapy after being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Early life 
Gleeson is the youngest of nine children, she has seven brothers and one sister. She was born in Nenagh and spent her schoolyears there. She was brought up by her mother Anne ("with an e") and her father Liam.
The Ray Foley Show 
Ann Did Ireland! 
- ^ Carroll, Jim (20 August 2008). "All change at Today FM". The Irish Times (Irish Times Trust). Retrieved 26 November 2008.
- ^ "Ann does Ireland!". Today FM. Retrieved 26 November 2008.
- ^ Butler, Laura (17 July 2012). "Today FM's Ray asks listeners for their prayers as Ann reveals cancer battle". Evening Herald (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 17 July 2012. "Ann, who is co-host on the top-rated Ray Foley Show, started chemotherapy last week."
- ^ Gallagher, Teresa (18 July 2012). "Fans shower Today FM star Ann with support in her cancer battle". Evening Herald (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 18 July 2012. "Quite a number of people have said Ann is the funniest person on Today FM, 'Ann is the best person on your show', 'I'm not going to listen to the Ray Foley show until Ann beats cancer'," he said. [...] Listener Sinead Whelan said: "I'd really like to pass on to Ann that the everyday listeners are really missing her and thinking about her at the moment ... Ann Gleeson is just as funny if not funnier than Ray and JP."
- ^ Gleeson spoke of her family background on 2 March 2009.
External links