Another Life (album)
|Studio album by Mark Stoermer|
|Released||November 1, 2011
January 24, 2012
(CD, vinyl and iTunes)
|Recorded||2010–2011 at Battle Born Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada; Home Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada & San Francisco, California|
|Genre||Alternative rock, alternative country, psychedelic rock, synthpop|
|Producer||Mark Stoermer, Joel Stein, Glenn Moule, Jason Hill|
Another Life is the debut studio album by American singer/songwriter and The Killers bassist Mark Stoermer, which was released on November 1, 2011 as a free download via markstoermer.com, and on CD and vinyl on January 24, 2012. It was also released on iTunes the same day along with two bonus tracks. The album was self-released on St. August Records.
Writing and recording
Originally Stoermer had no intentions of releasing the collection of songs to the public. The album was written and recorded over the span of two years, beginning with writing in hotel rooms and recording demos on a laptop. "As I was writing, I wasn't really sure where it was going. At first, I didn't even know I was making a record. I was just making demos and playing with ideas. . I worked on the songs off and on for about a year and a half. Some of the songs started to develop at the end of 2009, but some weren't written until the beginning of last year. At the end of the last Killers tour, I was writing in hotel rooms with a laptop and GarageBand. I'd hum little melodies and lyrical ideas into a Dictaphone. I spent a good deal of our break figuring out how to write and record these songs."
All songs written and composed by Mark Stoermer
|1.||"Weary Soul"||Mark Stoermer, Jason Hill||3:37|
|2.||"Shadow in a Dream"||Stoermer, Joel Stein, Glenn Moule||2:49|
|3.||"Everyone Loves the Girl"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:29|
|4.||"Need a Hand"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:30|
|5.||"Amber Bough"||Stoermer, Hill||2:21|
|6.||"The Way We Were Before"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:31|
|7.||"The Haunts"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||3:25|
|8.||"No Time"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:34|
|9.||"There Is No Is"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||3:18|
|10.||"Another Life"||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:59|
|11.||"Agni" (Bonus track)||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:33|
|12.||"King of the Mountain" (Bonus track)||Stoermer, Stein, Moule||2:27|
- Mark Stoermer – Lead Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, Percussion, Harmonica, Piano, Wurlitzer Piano, Electric Guitar, Electronic Drum Programming, Producing.
- Glenn Moule – Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Producing
- Joel Stein – Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Vocals, Piano, Electric Guitar, Producing.
- Jason Hill – Electric Guitar, Piano, Synthesizer, Percussion, Producing.
- Alex Carapetis – Drums.
- Isaac Tubb – Trumpet, Flugel.
- Nate Kimball – Trombone.
- Chris Castellanos – French Horn.
- Nina DiGregorio – Violin.
- Jennifer Eriksson – Violin.
- Tianna Harjo – Viola.
- Rachael Brown – Cello.
- Nadia Nasedkin – String and Horn transcription on track 1.
- Bob Ludwig – Mastering
- Robert Root – Mixing
- Bird sound sample courtesy of Rhett Boswell, Wildlife Biologist.
- Home / Mark Stoermer
- Matthew Perpetua (2012-01-24). "Killers Bassist Mark Stoermer Goes Country Rock with Solo Debut | Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "Mark Stoermer (@MarkStoermer) op Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Mark Stoermer of The Killers Talks "Another Life". 30 January 2012.
- "Welcome indielibertines.net - Hostmonster.com". Indielibertines.net. Retrieved 2012-07-25.[dead link]
- "The Killers' bassist Mark Stoermer gives away solo album as free download | News". Nme.Com. 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- The Killers' bassist Mark Stoermer gives away solo album as free download
- Killers Bassist Mark Stoermer Offers Free Download of Debut Solo Album
- Mark Stoermer Releases Solo Album - News Article - AbsolutePunk.net