As a playwright he was best known as the joint author, with Alistair Foot, of the farce No Sex Please, We're British which opened at the Strand Theatre, London, on 3 June 1971. It has been performed in 52 countries and which on 21 February 1979 became the longest running comedy in the history of world theatre.
- With Alistair Foot, Uproar in the House, Garrick Theatre and Whitehall Theatre, 1967–69
- With John Chapman, Shut Your Eyes and Think of England, Apollo Theatre, 1977
- Obituary: Tony Marriott, Daily Telegraph, 23 April 2014
- Emily Langer "Anthony Marriott, writer of ‘No Sex Please, We’re British,’ dies at 83", Washington Post, 29 April 2014
- Anthony Marriott at the Film Reference website