Arbury Hall (grid reference SP335893) is a Grade I listed country house in Nuneaton in Warwickshire, England, and the ancestral home of the Newdigate family, later the Newdigate-Newdegate and Fitzroy-Newdegate families.
The hall is built on the site of the former Arbury Priory in a mixture of Tudor and 18th-century Gothic Revival architecture, the latter being the work of Sir Roger Newdigate from designs by Henry Keene.
The hall is set in 300 acres (121 ha) of parkland. The 19th-century author George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) was born on one of the estate farms in 1819, the daughter of the estate's land agent. She immortalised Arbury Hall as "Cheverel Manor" in Scenes of Clerical Life, where it is the setting for "Mr Gilfil's Love Story".
The film Angels and Insects was shot entirely at Arbury Hall and within the grounds.
- Custodians of Arbury Hall (ownership)
- Sir Edmund Anderson (1567–1586)
- John Newdegate (1586–1587)
- Sir John Newdegate (1587–1610)
- John Newdegate (1610–1642)
- Sir Richard Newdigate, 1st Baronet (1642–1665)
- Sir Richard Newdigate, 2nd Baronet (1665–1710)
- Sir Richard Newdigate, 3rd Baronet (1710–1727)
- Sir Edward Newdigate, 4th Baronet (1727–1734)
- Sir Roger Newdigate, 5th Baronet (1734–1806)
- Francis Parker Newdigate (1806–1835)
- The Rt Hon. Charles Newdigate-Newdegate (1835–1887)
- Lt Gen. Sir Edward Newdigate-Newdegate (1887–1902)
- Sir Francis Alexander Newdigate-Newdegate (1902–1936)
- The Hon. Mrs Lucia FitzRoy-Newdegate (1936–1950)
- Francis Humphrey Maurice FitzRoy Newdegate, 3rd Viscount Daventry (1950–2000)
- James Edward FitzRoy Newdegate, 4th Viscount Daventry (2000-present)
- Cooke, George Willis. George Eliot: A Critical Study of her Life, Writings and Philosophy. Whitefish: Kessinger, 2004. 
- Wilkinson, R. (2006) Chronicles of the Newdegates and the Three Manors (1st Edition) Athena Press ISBN 1-84401-771-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arbury Hall.|
- Official website
- English Heritage: detailed architectural description of Grade I listed building
- Heritage page about Arbury Hall
- Historic Houses Association page about Arbury Hall