Archives of Sexual Behavior
|Archives of Sexual Behavior|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Arch. Sex. Behav.|
|Edited by||Kenneth J. Zucker|
|Publisher||Springer Science+Business Media|
The journal was established in 1971 by Richard Green, who served as its editor-in-chief until 2001. He was succeeded by Kenneth J. Zucker. It is published by Springer Science+Business Media and has become a leading journal in its field.
The types of articles published in the journal include:
- empirical research (both quantitative and qualitative)
- theoretical reviews and essays
- clinical case reports
- letters to the editor
- book reviews
Abstracting and indexing
Archives of Sexual Behavior is abstracted and indexed in Biological Abstracts, Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences, EMBASE, Family & Society Studies Worldwide, Health and Safety Science Abstracts, Index Medicus/MEDLINE, Psychological Abstracts, PsycINFO, Referativny Zhurnal, Risk Abstracts, Sage Family Studies Abstracts, Scopus, Sexual and Relations Theraphy, Social Sciences Citation Index, Social Science Index,Sociological Abstracts, Studies on Women & Gender Abstracts, ansViolence and Abuse Abstracts. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the 2010 impact factor is 3.66, ranking it 9th out of 104 in the category "Psychology, Clinical' and first out of 84 in the category "Interdisciplinary Social Sciences".
- "Editorial Board", Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2008, retrieved 2013-06-03
- "Home page", Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2008, retrieved 2013-06-03
- Bergner, Daniel (2009-01-22). "What Do Women Want?". New York Times Magazine (New York Times). pp. MM26. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "Journal Citation Reports", Web of Science, 2011