|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Members||Johan "Shamaatae" Lahger|
Arckanum is a Swedish black metal project formed in 1993 by Johan "Shamaatae" Lahger, who is the only constant member. Shamaatae is also an author of occult literature. His first published work, titled PANPARADOX, was released the 13th of July 2009 by Ixaxaar. His second book, GULLVEIGARBÓK, was released on December 2010 by Fall of Man. He has another additional book in progress called URAM.
Shamaatae joined his first band, Conquest, aged eleven, the band later evolving into Grotesque. On leaving Grotesque, Shamaatae formed a technical death metal band called Disinterment, who recorded one demo and played a few gigs before splitting up. At the end of 1992, Shamaatae decided to return to black metal and Arckanum was started. Initially a full band, it became a solo project after six months. After several releases, by 1998 Shamaatae had discontinued working with Necropolis Records because they went under, and turned his attention to writing books on the subjects of Pan, Old Norse traditions, runic witchcraft and anti-cosmic Satanism/chaos-gnosticism. He was still involved in music during this time still working with Arckanum and playing drums with The Hearsemen. Arckanum’s album ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ was released on 1 June 2009. Antikosmos and ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ featured the guest appearance of Set Teitan of the bands Dissection and Watain. Arckanum’s most recent album is Fenris Kindir , which was released on May 10 2013.
Arckanum’s lyrics deal mainly with the worship of Chaos, as well as anti-cosmic Satanism. He is noted for writing lyrics resembling Old Swedish, and he has stated that he tries to write his lyrics as grammatically correct as he can. In his latest three albums however, the language is clearly meant to resemble Old Icelandic.
- Fran marder (May 15, 1995) Necropolis
- Kostogher (Feb. 20, 1997) Necropolis
- Kampen (1998) Necropolis
- The 11 Year Anniversary Album (Nov. 1, 2004) Carnal (compilation album)
- Antikosmos (June 21, 2008) Debemur Morti/Moribund
- ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ (May 29, 2009) Debemur Morti
- Sviga læ (Oct. 18, 2010) Regain Records
- Helvítismyrkr (Sept. 16, 2011) Season of Mist
- Fenris Kindir (May 10, 2013) Season of Mist
- Demo ‘93 (1993)
- Trulen (1994)
- Boka vm Kaos (Feb. 2002)
- Kosmos wardhin dræpas om sin / Emptiness Enthralls (Feb. 2003) (split release with Contamino)
- Kaos svarta mar / Skinning the Lambs (June 14, 2004) Carnal (split release with Svartsyn)
- Grimalkinz skaldi (June 13, 2008)
- Antikosmos (April 11, 2008)
- Hadelik (Sept. 7, 2008) (split release with Sataros Grief)
- Þyrmir (Oct. 30, 2009)
- Badin, Olivier (November 2008), "Prog-Gnosis", Terrorizer (176)
- Mincemoyer, John (November 2008), "Arckanum - Antikosmos" (review)", Terrorizer (176)
- Simon (2008-01-26). "Interview With Shamaatae Of Arckanum". emofag.net. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- Arckanum To Release New Album Through Season Of Mist
- Arckanum Reveals New Album Title As "Fenris Kindir"
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|