Armed Forces Council
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
The Armed Forces Council is the senior military body of the Canadian Forces. It meets to advise the Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) on matters concerning the command, control and administration of the Canadian Forces (CF) as well as to help the CDS make decisions regarding these matters.
The Armed Forces Council is chaired by the CDS and consists of the CDS, the Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, the heads of each of the three service environments of the CF: the Royal Canadian Navy, the Canadian Army, and the Royal Canadian Air Force, as well as other senior officers.
- General Thomas J. Lawson CMM CD (Chairman) — Chief of the Defence Staff
- Lieutenant-General Guy R. Thibault CMM MSC CD — Vice Chief of the Defence Staff
- Vice-Admiral Mark Norman CMM CD — Commander of the Royal Canadian Navy
- Lieutenant-General Marquis Hainse CMM MSC CD — Commander of the Canadian Army
- Lieutenant-General Yvan Blondin CMM CD — Commander of the Royal Canadian Air Force
- Lieutenant-General Stu Beare CMM MSM CD - Commander, Canadian Joint Operations Command
- Lieutenant-General David Millar OMM CD — Chief of Military Personnel
- Rear-Admiral J.J. Bennett OMM CD — Chief of Reserves and Cadets
- Major-General Blaise Cathcart OMM CD — Judge Advocate General
- Major-General J. M. C. Rousseau CD — Chief of Defence Intelligence
- Chief Warrant Officer Kevin C. West MMM MSM CD — Canadian Forces Chief Warrant Officer
|This Canadian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|