|Traded as||ASX: AIO|
|Industry||Transport, Logistics, Stevedoring and Rail transport|
|Founded||Demerger from Toll Holdings - 2007|
|Headquarters||476 St Kilda Road
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Key people||Malcolm Broomhead, Chairman
John Mullen, CEO
Roger Burrows, CFO
Asciano Limited is Australia's only combined rail freight and port operator. They bring together Pacific National's rail operations and Patrick's ports and stevedoring businesses to form the backbone of Australia's global trade. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, they handle and haul the millions of tonnes of raw resources, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep Australia’s economy, businesses and households running.
With over 8,000 highly skilled and motivated employees alongside Asciano's diverse customer mix, Asciano holds leading positions in the markets in which they serve, and operate the assets which are essential to Australia’s future.
Asciano is one of the 50 largest companies listed on the ASX.
- 1996-TNT Australia enters into the rail industry with the establishment of TNT Rail.
- 1997-Toll purchases the operating rights to the Port of Geelong.
- 2001-Toll acquires privately owned Strang Stevedoring business, stevedoring services extended to include Portland, Melbourne and Newcastle.
- 2002-Acquisition of BHP Stevedoring business in Port Kembla and Western Port in Australia and Tauranga, Napier and Lyttelton ports in New Zealand.
- 2002-Toll acquires National Rail Corporation and FreightCorp to form Pacific National - a joint venture between Toll and Patrick Corporation.
- 2006-Toll acquires Patrick Corporation, gaining ownership of Patrick's Container Terminal operations, PortLink and Port Services businesses, and stevedoring operations, with the remaining 50% of Pacific National.
- 2006-Toll Holdings announces intention to restructure the Group into two ASX listed entities - Toll and Asciano.
- 2007-Asciano becomes the owner of a unique transport infrastructure portfolio, including 100% of Pacific National and the Patrick container ports as well as the combined port operations and stevedoring businesses of Toll and Patrick.
- 2010-Asciano Group becomes Asciano Limited by destapling from the Asciano Finance Trust.
Asciano Limited was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 6 June 2007.