Augusto Álvarez Rodrich
He obtained a bachelor's degree in economics at the University of the Pacific (Peru) before going on to obtain a master's degree in public administration at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where he was a Fulbright scholar. He also studied specialised courses at Stanford University, the University of Manchester and Northwestern University.
He worked for Grupo Apoyo from 1980 until 2002, reaching the position of General Director of Apoyo Communications and editor of the magazines Perú Económico, Semana Económica and Debate. He was also Director of Apoyo Opinion and Market and of the Apoyo Institute.
He became Vice President of the Commission for Market Entry and Exit at Indecopi, Vice President of Osiptel and Director of Interbank. He also participated as advisor of projects for multilateral organisations and various processes of privatisation in Peru, Colombia and Guatemala.
He has been director of the daily Perú.21 since its foundation and anchor of the radio programme Ampliación de Noticias (news in depth, Radio Programas del Perú, RPP) and associate professor at the University of the Pacific. He was director and anchor of the television programme Dos Dedos de Frente (Spanish expression for "common sense", Frecuencia Latina).
- La implementación de políticas públicas en el Perú (editor), 1995
- El Poder en el Perú(editor), 1993
- Principios de Empresas Estatales y Privatización, 1992
- Empresas Estatales y Privatización: Cómo reformar la actividad empresarial del Estado en el Perú, 1991
- Negociación Económica Internacional: La Experiencia del Perú, 1990
- Los Objetivos de las Empresas Estatales, 1985.