Aviary (application suite)
|Stable release||Android: 4.0.2 (April 8, 2015
iOS: 3.6.2 (April 7, 2015 )
|Operating system||Android 2.3.3 or later
iOS 7.0 or later (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
Aviary is a photo-editing platform for iOS, Android, and the web (web application). Aviary powers numerous mobile applications, including its self-titled iOS and Android apps. It contains a large collection of easy-to-use editing tools such as custom photo filters, frames, graphics, and overlays. The Aviary platform is also a free SDK that provides developers with a customizable photo editor that can be embedded into apps on iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, and the web.
The company was founded in 2007 with the goal of providing professional-quality photo-editing tools to the general public. Aviary has since received millions of dollars in funding from investors such as Spark Capital and Bezos Expeditions.
On September 22, 2014, Aviary was acquired by Adobe Systems. Later, on November 13, 2014, Aviary (now part of Adobe) released a large update to the mobile application. The update included integration into Adobe's Creative Cloud and redesigned brush technology.
- Aviary Image Markup
- Aviary Advanced Image Editor
- Aviary Color Editor
- Aviary Effects Editor
- Aviary Vector Editor
- Aviary Audio Editor
- Aviary Music Creator
- Phoenix – Image editor. A web-based image editor for retouching and manipulating photos, Phoenix includes layers and an effects editor.
- Peacock – Node based visual laboratory  abilities: dragging, dropping, and connecting generators, effects, resources, and controllers. Users can create stunning art by combining terrains, patterns, computational effects, and more.
- Toucan – Color swatches and palettes creator
- Rookery – Codename for the file system utilized by Aviary.
- Raven – Vector editor. for creating scalable vector art appropriate for logos, T-shirt designs, and ...
- Talon – Chrome & Firefox Screen Capture Add-On. performs a screen capture of the visible portion of any webpage and then open the capture instantly in a basic image editor where you can do markup (draw arrows and rectangles), edit (crop, rotate and resize) and get the exact pixel colors of the image.
- Falcon – Image Markup. Falcon can be used for resizing, cropping, rotating, and other simple editing. it runs extremely fast even on the slowest connections.
- Myna – Audio editor for song record and remix.
- Roc – Beat generator. With about 50 free instruments, able to create music with a simple point and click interface.
- "Google play-Aviary". Google play. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "iTunes preview-Aviary". iTunes. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "Bezos, Spark Invest $7M in Aviary - Xconomy".
- "Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Among Backers Pumping $6M Into Photo-Editing Start-Up Aviary - AllThingsD".
- Adobe acquires Aviary to boost Creative Cloud app development, Wall Street Journal, September 22, 2014
- Aviary Phoenix - Online photo editing suite, Syntax30.com, April 4, 2012
- Designing a New Breed of Applications with Aviary – InsideRIA
- Aviary launches impressive audio editor, Myna, CNet News, September 16, 2009