Your Ambition Realised
|Type||Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Professor Carl Lygo, (CEO & Vice-Chancellor)
Peter Crisp (Dean of BPP Law School)
Tim Stewart (Dean of BPP Business School)
|Revenue||£165.5 million (2008)|
|Operating income||£21.5 million (2008)|
|Net income||£14.0 million (2008)|
|Divisions||BPP Learning Media
BPP Professional Education
BPP Holdings Limited is a holding company of the United Kingdom-based provider of professional and academic education. It has been a subsidiary of the American for-profit higher education company Apollo Global since July 2009, having formerly been listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was founded by Alan Brierley, Richard Price and Charles Prior in 1976 as Brierley Price Prior to provide training to accountancy students. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1987. Also in 1987 the company acquired Mander Portman Woodward, a provider of Fifth and Sixth Form teaching. Then in 1992 the company established BPP Law School which in 2005 became a founding School of BPP College of Professional Studies, which provides legal as well as business management training. In 2007 the Privy Council awarded BPP College powers to award degrees. The company was acquired by Apollo Global for £368 million in July 2009. In July 2010 BPP College was awarded University College status. In August 2013, BPP University College was granted full university status and now is known as BPP University.
Mander Portman Woodward was sold in July 2012.
The Company is organised as follows:
- BPP Learning Media
- BPP Professional Education
- BPP University which comprises:
- BPP Business School
- BPP Law School
- BPP School of Health
- BPP School of Foundation and English Language Studies
BPP has many centers of professional education throughout Europe, in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.
- BPP Holdings: Annual Report 2008
- BPP Profile
- Robert Woodward: teacher and entrepreneur The Independent, 15 November 2008
- FTSE company wins right to give degrees The Times, 25 September 2007
- Fearn, Hannah (4 August 2009). "Apollo completes BPP takeover". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "BBP Holdings PLC (UK): Scheme Of Arrangement". FTSE Group. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- BPP wins university college status as David Willetts acts on pledge to boost private providers Times Higher Education, 26 July 2010
- For-profit college gains full university status
- Exclusive: BPP planning to sell sixth-form business Education Investor, 13 February 2012
- Apollo agrees to acquire UK-based BPP Holdings Euroinvestor, 8 June 2009