Backstrom (TV series)
|Based on||The Bäckström Series
by Leif G. W. Persson
|Developed by||Hart Hanson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||(List of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Far Field Productions
20th Century Fox Television
Backstrom is an upcoming American crime comedy-drama series based on the Swedish book series by Leif G. W. Persson and developed by Bones executive producer Hart Hanson. The series will premiere on January 22, 2015.
Backstrom centers on Everett Backstrom (Rainn Wilson), an "overweight, offensive, irascible" detective who is engaged in a constant struggle with his "self-destructive" tendencies, and is part of a team of eccentric criminologists.
Cast and characters
- Rainn Wilson as Detective Everett Backstrom
- Genevieve Angelson as Detective Nicole Gravely, Backstrom's second in command.
- Page Kennedy as Officer Frank Moto, member of the Special Crimes Unit.
- Kristoffer Polaha as Sgt. Peter Niedermayer, the unit's Forensics Liaison.
- Dennis Haysbert as Detective John Almond, a kind and devoutly religious man who has been married for 30 years.
- Beatrice Rosen as Nadia Paquet, a foreign-born civilian who supports the detectives in the Special Crimes Group.
- Thomas Dekker as Gregory Valentine, Backstrom's decorator and "underworld connection".
- Ben Hollingsworth as ADA Steve Kines
- Sarah Chalke as Amy Gazanian, Chair of the Civilian Oversight Committee
- Inga Cadranel as Police Chief Anna Cervantes
- Nicholas Bishop
- Rizwan Manji
- Tiffany Hines
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|1||1||"Dragon Slayer"||Mark Mylod||Hart Hanson||January 22, 2015||1AWM79||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Takes One to Know One"||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"I Am a Bird Now"||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Bella"||Alex Chapple||Joe Hortua||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"The Inescapable Truth"||Michael Offer||Eli Attie||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Give 'Til It Hurts"||Rob Hardy||TBA||TBA||1AWM06||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Love Is a Rose and You Better Not Pick It"||Kevin Hooks||Joe Hortua||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"I Like to Watch"||Adam Arkin||TBA||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Enemy of My Enemies"||Sarah Pia Anderson||TBA||TBA||TBA||N/A|
|TBA||TBA||"Ancient Chinese Secret"||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||N/A|
- "FOX Cracks the Case with Hart Hanson's New Crime Drama "Backstrom"". The Futon Critic. January 7, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 20, 2014). "Fox Sets Dates for Following, Bones' Spring Return, Backstrom and More". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 17, 2013). "Rainn Wilson to Star in Hart Hanson's 'Backstrom' Adaptation for CBS". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 14, 2014). "Genevieve Angelson Set As Female Lead In Fox Series ‘Backstrom’; Christopher Denham Joins WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 30, 2012). "‘Backstrom’ Crime Drama From ‘Bones’ Creator Hart Hanson And 20th TV Gets Pilot Production Commitment At CBS". Deadline.com. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "SHOOT: Rainn Wilson & Dennis Haysbert Film CBS Pilot BACKSTROM in Downtown Vancouver Alley". yvrshoots.com. March 28, 2013. Retrieved January 21, 2014.