Hart Hanson (born July 26, 1957) is an American-born television writer and producer. His family moved to Canada when he was a child. He received a B.A. from the University of Toronto and a MFA from the University of British Columbia, where he taught briefly. He is the creator, executive producer, and writer of the TV series Bones.
In February 2013, Entertainment Weekly reported that Hanson will be writing about an "overweight, offensive cop" on FOX's upcoming television show, Backstrom.
- Neon Rider (1991), Writer
- The Odyssey (1992–1994), Writer, director, story editor
- Road to Avonlea (1992–1996), Writer
- Ready Or Not (1993), Writer
- North of 60 (1994–1996), Writer
- Street Legal (1994), Writer
- Trust in Me (1994), Associate Producer
- Traders (1996–2000), Writer, supervising producer
- The Outer Limits (1997), writer
- Stargate SG-1 (1997–1999), writer
- Cupid (1998–1999), Writer, consulting/supervising producer
- Snoops (1999), Co-executive producer
- Judging Amy (2000–2003), Writer, consulting producer, executive producer
- Joan of Arcadia (2003–2004), Writer, consulting producer
- Bones (2005–Present), Creator, writer, executive producer
- The Finder (2012), Creator, writer. executive producer
- Backstrom (2014), Creator, writer, executive producer
Awards and nominations
Hanson has won 4 Gemini Awards. He was awarded Austin Film Festival's Outstanding Television Award in 2011.
- ^ Hibberd, James (February 22, 2013). "Hollywood Insider: What's Going on Behind the Scenes: TV's Pilot Season Goes (Very) High-Concept". Entertainment Weekly (New York: Time Inc.): 26.