|Headquarters||Nassau, The Bahamas|
|Key people||Sarkis Izmirlian
(Founder & CEO)
Baha Mar is a resort under construction on the island of New Providence in the Bahamas, owned by Baha Mar Resorts Ltd. and managed by CEO Sarkis Izmirlian. Planned amenities include four hotels with 2,200 rooms, 307 private residences, a 100,000-square-foot (9,300 m2) casino, a 30,000-square-foot (2,800 m2) spa, and a golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
On 30 March 2010 an agreement on the redevelopment of the resort was announced. The project will be financed by China Exim Bank while construction will be performed by China Construction of America CCA. Groundbreaking for the redevelopment took place on 21 February 2011 with completion expected in December 2014. The whole project will cost around 3.5 billion dollars.
The flagship of the project is the Baha Mar Casino & Hotel, which will have 1,000 rooms and more than 1,500 slot machines and 150 table games. Global Gaming Asset Management was selected to operate the casino-hotel.
- Howard Stutz (2 January 2013). "Bahamian resort on fast forward". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "Baha Mar Signs $2.6B Deal (2010)". The Bahama Journal. 2010-03-31.
- "Baha Mar groundbreaking to get $2.6bn project under way". Bahamas Tribune. 2011-02-21.
- "Luxury Resort Baha Mar". 2013-03-15.
- "Baha Mar names former Las Vegas Sands team to manage hotel, casino". Caribbean Journal. May 23, 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-23.