Balmiki or Valmiki (Nepali: बाल्मिकी, Vālmīki) is a Dalit sect of Hinduism centered on the sage Valmiki. The community is found in Punjab, Rajasthan, and Gujarat and worship Valmiki as their ancestor and God.
Valmiki was a Brahmin by birth. Valmikis believe that he was an Avatar of God, and they consider his works, the Ramayana and the Yoga Vasistha, as their holy scripture.The titles of the Boyas are said to be Naidu or Nayudu, Naik, Dora, Dorabidda (children of chieftains), and Valmiki.
- Rakhi Birla - MLA in Delhi, AAP
- Acharya Nafe Singh Dhilod Charak - In Rathdhana Village, Distt - Sonipat(Haryana)
- Datta, A.and Akademi, S. (1994) Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: Sasay to Zorgot Volume 5 of Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature, Amaresh Datta. Sahitya Akademi. p 4484
- Winternitz, M., Winternitz, M., Sarma, V.S. (1981) A History of Indian Literature: Introduction, Veda, epics, Purāṇas and Tantras Volume 1 of A History of Indian Literature, Moriz Winternitz. Ed. reprint. Motilal Banarsidass Publishing. p482 ISBN 8120802640
- Thurston, Edgar; Rangachari, K. (1909). Castes and Tribes of Southern India. I (A to B). Madras: Government Press. p. 187. Retrieved 2012-10-11.