Bear Mountain (Siskiyou County, California)
Bear Mountain and tarn below Devil's Punchbowl
|Elevation||6,415 ft (1,955 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||2,251 ft (686 m)|
|Listing||Del Norte County High Point|
|Location||Del Norte / Siskiyou counties, California, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Devils Punchbowl|
Bear Mountain is a mountain located in the Klamath Mountains of Northern California. The summit, located in Siskiyou County, is at an elevation of 6,411 feet (1,954 m). The highest point in Del Norte County is located just west of the summit at about 6400+ feet (1951+ meters). A cirque named Devil's Punchbowl containing a tarn is located on the mountain's north side. Due to its location near the Pacific Ocean, the mountain receives tremendous snowfall during the winter.
- "Bear Mountain, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- "Bear Mountain". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- "Bear Mountain-Del Norte CoHP, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- Suttle, Gary (1994). California County Summits. Berkeley: Wilderness Press. ISBN 0-89997-164-4.
- USGS. Devils Punchbowl quadrangle, California (Map). 1:24000. 7.5 Minute Topographic. http://www.topoquest.com/map.php?lat=41.7962278&lon=-123.6720105&datum=nad83&zoom=4&size=l. Retrieved 2009-12-13.
- "Subsection M261Ad - Siskiyou Mountains". USDA, Forest Service. Archived from the original on 2007-08-13. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
|This Siskiyou County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Del Norte County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|