Begone Dull Care
|Begone Dull Care|
|Produced by||Norman McLaren|
|Music by||The Oscar Peterson Trio|
|Editing by||Evelyn Lambart
|Distributed by||National Film Board of Canada|
|Running time||8 minutes|
Using drawn on film animation, McLaren and Lambart paint and scratch directly onto film stock to create a visual representation of Oscar Peterson's jazz music. The film is produced by the National Film Board of Canada.
Honours and awards
Designated and preserved as a "masterwork" by the Audio-Visual Preservation Trust of Canada, a charitable non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the preservation of Canada’s audio-visual heritage. Winner of a Special Genie Award for experimental filmmaking.
McLaren opened the film with titles in seven different languages: English, French (Caprice en Couleurs), Spanish (Fantasía en Colores), Hindi (रंग बाहार; Raṅga Bāhāra), Italian (Capriccio a Colori), Russian (Красочная Фантазия; Krasočnaja Fanatzija), and German (Trübsal Ade!).
- "Begone Dull Care". Audio-Visual Preservation Trust of Canada Web site. Retrieved 2008-02-29.[dead link]
- "1st Berlin International Film Festival: Prize Winners". berlinale.de.
- "Junior Boys to Release Begone Dull Care in April", Paste, January 20, 2009.
- Begone Dull Care at AllMovie
- Begone Dull Care at the Internet Movie Database
- Watch online at NFB Web site
- Senses of Cinema article
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Canadian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|