July 17, 1978 |
Montreal, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||211 lb (96 kg; 15 st 1 lb)|
|Played for||Boston Bruins
|NHL Draft||172nd overall, 1997
Benjamin Pierre Guité (born July 17, 1978) is a retired Canadian ice hockey forward and currently serves as assistant coach for the University of Maine men's hockey. Guité played 13 seasons of professional hockey, most notably in the National Hockey League with the Boston Bruins, Colorado Avalanche and the Nashville Predators. He is the son of former WHAer Pierre Guite.
Guite was drafted 172nd overall in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens. Guite played junior hockey for the Capital District Selects of the Eastern Junior Hockey League, before continuing his career at the University of Maine in the Hockey East division. Unsigned, Guite made his professional debut in 2000 with the Tallahassee Tiger Sharks of the ECHL before signing with the New York Islanders as a free agent on August 1, 2001.
On March 19, 2002, while playing with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL), Guite was traded by the Islanders along with Bjorn Melin to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for Dave Roche. A year later Guite returned to Bridgeport signing as a free agent.
On August 15, 2005, Guite was signed by the Boston Bruins and played just a solitary game, his NHL debut on January 30, 2006. After spending most of his time with the Providence Bruins in 2005–06 season. Guite signed with the Colorado Avalanche on July 12, 2006.
In the 2007–08 season, his first full season in the NHL. Guite played 79 games totalling 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points. Guite also had his first 2 goal game, in a 6-4 win over the St. Louis Blues on February 3, 2008.
On July 14, 2009 Guite signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Nashville Predators. He made his debut with Nashville on opening night for the 2009–10 season against the Dallas Stars on October 3, 2009. Guite played only four games with the Predators before he was re-assigned to add a veteran presence to AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals, for the majority of the season.
After a single season with the Predators organization, Ben left as a free agent and signed a one-year contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets on August 18, 2010.
On July 7, 2011 Guite was signed by the San Jose Sharks on a one-year, two-way contract. Assigned to AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks, Guite's 2011–12 season was limited to 26 games due to concussion.
On October 10, 2012, with the NHL lockout impeding his options to sign a contract within North America, Guite signed to his first European venture on a one-year deal with Italian team HC Pustertal-Val Pusteria Wolves of the Serie A.
|1996–97||U. of Maine||HE||34||7||7||14||21||—||—||—||—||—|
|1997–98||U. of Maine||HE||32||6||12||18||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|1998–99||U. of Maine||HE||40||12||16||28||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|1999–00||U. of Maine||HE||40||22||14||36||36||—||—||—||—||—|
|2000–01||Tallahassee Tiger Sharks||ECHL||68||11||18||29||34||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||68||12||18||30||39||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Cincinnati Mighty Ducks||AHL||10||2||5||7||4||3||0||0||0||2|
|2002–03||Cincinnati Mighty Ducks||AHL||80||13||16||29||44||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||79||6||18||24||73||7||0||0||0||6|
|2006–07||Albany River Rats||AHL||36||10||19||29||22||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Val Pusteria Wolves||ITL||27||5||21||26||50||10||1||5||6||16|
- "Avs Guite remember dads stag". Snapshots. 2008-04-26. Archived from the original on 6 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Ducks trade for Guite". ESPN. 2002-03-20. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Avs season opener". Rocky Mountain News. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Avs re-sign Guite, McCormick". Are You Watching This?!. 2007-06-17. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- Dater, Adrian (2008-02-03). "Short Handed Avs explode". Denver Post. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Preds add Ben Guite". Nashville Predators. 2009-07-14. Retrieved 2009-07-14.
- "Preds get past Stars in Shootout". CBS Sports. 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Preds Reassign Guite to Milwaukee (AHL)". Nashville Predators. 2009-10-17. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Blue Jackets reach agreement with F Ben Guite on one-year deal". The Sports Network. 2010-08-18. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "San Jose Sharks sign Ben Guite". NHLUpdate. 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Ben Guite: New arrival for Wolves" (in Italian). Pustertal-Val Pusteria Wolves. 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Mahoney, Larry. "Ben Guite returns to UMaine as assistant hockey coach". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 11 June 2013.