Bill Hudson (singer)
|Born||William Louis Hudson
October 17, 1949
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
|Religion||Roman Catholic|
|Spouse(s)||Goldie Hawn (m. 1976–80)
Cindy Williams (m. 1982–2000)
|Children||two with Hawn:
--Oliver Hudson (b. 1976)
--Kate Hudson (b. 1979)
two with Williams:
--Emily Hudson (b. 1982)
--Zachary Hudson (b. 1986)
one with a long-term girlfriend:
--Lalania Hudson (b. 2006)
William Louis "Bill" Hudson (born October 17, 1949) is an American musician and actor. He is best known for being in the band The Hudson Brothers.
Life and career
Hudson was born in Portland, Oregon, the eldest of three sons born to Eleanor (née Salerno). His mother was Italian American (his maternal grandfather came from Carlentini, Province of Syracuse, Sicily, Italy) and his father was of mostly English descent. His father left his family when he was six. He was raised Roman Catholic.
Hudson married actress Goldie Hawn in 1976 following her divorce from Gus Trikonis. Together they had two children, both of whom are actors, Kate and Oliver Hudson. After their divorce in 1980, the children were raised by Hawn and her domestic partner, Kurt Russell.
Hudson married Cindy Williams, of Laverne & Shirley fame, in 1982. They had two children, Emily and Zachary Hudson. That marriage also ended in divorce in 2000. He also has a daughter, Lalania Hudson, born in 2006 to a long-term girlfriend.
Hudson released his memoir, Two Versions: The other side of fame and family, in December 2011.
- Fisher, Emily (14 May 1975). "The Hudson Brothers Ensnarled Into The Hollywood Situation' .". The St. Petersburg Times. pp. 2–D. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Hudson". McCall's (McCall Pub. Co.) 108: 32. 1981.
- Buck, Jerry (13 November 1986). "Cindy Stars In A Disney Movie .". The Free Lance-Star. p. 30. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- Hudson, Bill "2 Versions: The Other Side of Fame and Family"
- "Kate Hudson". EthniCelebs. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Caroline Graham (14 November 2011). "'What Goldie wants, Goldie gets': The astonishing story of actress Kate Hudson's father about his marriage to her sex-crazed mother". The Daily Mail.
- Radar Staff (23 September 2011). "Kate Hudson's Dad Exposes Dark Secrets In Tell All: Goldie Hawn Wanted Open Marriage". Radar Online.
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|