|Industry||Internet, Financial services|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, USA|
|Key people||Brad Stroh, Co-Founder;
Ethan Ewing, President;
Bradford Stroh, CEO
Bills.com provides consumers with information and interactive tools dealing with personal finance topics, including credit cards, insurance, debt relief assistance, mortgage loans, student loans and other personal loans. The company is one of the five divisions of Freedom Financial Network. Bills.com has been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies for three straight years. The company employs approximately 600 people, and has annual revenue of $106 million.
Company co-founder, Bradford Stroh, was named Northern California finalist in Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. The company, based in San Mateo, California, was named one of the best places to work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times, where it was No. 5 in the "Small Business" category.
The Bills.com domain name and related trademarks were acquired in December 2005 for US$ 964,500 by Freedom Financial Network. This price for a domain name with no underlying business was the second highest in 2005 (the most expensive in 2005 was fish.com for $1.02 million). It also is on the top 25 all-time most expensive domain name list.
In 2010, Techcrunch broke the story that Bills.com had acquired Home-Account, which it described as a Kayak.com for mortgages, Home-Account offers a free and paid service for those who are looking for mortgage or to re-finance. Home-Account helps consumers find the right mortgage for their needs and credit histories from its partner lenders.
At "Ask Bill", Bills.com has a free forum where consumers can ask questions about a variety of financial topics which are answered by Stanford Business School graduates and other experts in their respective financial fields.
The company offers innovative mortgage calculators, and has acquired mortgage tool and application Silicon Valley start-up Refinance.com and Home-Account. The company's mortgage refinance tool has received attention and positive reviews.
Awards / Recognition
- Entrepreneur magazine names Bills.com #3 in the Hot 100, fastest growing companies in America.
- Bills.com is No. 17 on Inc. Magazine's Top 100 Financial Services Companies list for the year 2008.
- Bills.com Founders named to 40 Under 40 list in Silicon Valley.
- Recipient for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2008 Award in Northern California.
- Bills.com is No. 10 on Inc. Magazine's Top 100 Financial Services Companies list for the year 2009.
- Bills.com is No. 8 amongst Silicon Valley's 70 fastest-growing privately held companies.
- "Line of Business". Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- Freedom Financial Network
- "Bills.com Named to Inc500 list for Three Straight Years". Reuters. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- Green, Laura (2011-04). "Brad Stroh builds an entrepreneurial culture to grow Bills.com". Smart Business (Smart Business Network Inc.). Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Should You Stay or Go? Bills.com's Tips Let Workers Compare New Job to Old Career". PRWEB. 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- Bills.com Named to ‘Best Places to Work’ List
- "Bills.com domain name and trademarks sold for $964,500". Domains Magazine. 2006-04-19. Archived from the original on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- Kesmodel, David (2007-03-19). "Topix.com Cracks Top 25 List of Domain Sales". Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- Rao, Leena (2010-07-28). "Mortgage Recommender Home-Account Acquired By Bills.com". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Home Account Company Profile". CrunchBase. AOL. 2010-07-28. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Saranow Schultz, Jennifer (2010-09-14). "A New Mortgage Refinancing Tool". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Entrepreneur magazine". Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Inc. 500 2008". Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Silicon Valley Business Times article on 40 Under 40 award recipients". 2008-05-18. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Reuters article on Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2008 award recipients". 2008-06-23. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Inc. 500 2009". Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "FastPrivate 2009 Awards". 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- Managing Debt in a Down Economy – Bills.com Founder, Brad Stroh on Fora.tv
- Bills IQ - Financial Fitness Calculator
- Personal finance related videos on Youtube
- Bills.com Self Help Videos
- Article about Bills.com Founders in Smart Business
- Profile of Bills.com founder
- Bills.com founders' article in Stanford Business School magazine