||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2014)|
|Industry||Internet, Financial services|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, USA|
|Brad Stroh (Co-Founder)
Ethan Ewing (President)
Bradford Stroh (CEO)
Number of employees
|Slogan||"Find. Learn. Save."|
Bills.com is a US-based web site providing financial planning tools and financial services for individuals. Topics include credit cards, insurance, debt relief, mortgage loans, student loans and various other consumer lending products.
As of 2010 the company behind Bills.com employs approximately 600 people and has an annual revenue of $106 million. At that time Bills.com was ranked number 10 on Inc. Magazine's Top 100 Financial Services Companies list.
Bills.com Domain Name History
In December 2005 before becoming one of the largest consumer websites for credit and debt education, the Bills.com domain name was acquired in by Freedom Financial Network. The price paid for it was the second most expensive for a single domain name in 2005. It sold for $964,500(US). Keep in mind that the domain name was sold with no underlying business associated with it. Beating the acquisition of Bills.com, the most expensive domain name sale in 2005 was fish.com which sold for a little over a million dollars. Bills.com is still listed on the top 25 all-time most expensive domain name list.
The website features a section called Ask Bill that is the Dear Abby of the financial world. Similar to Avvo.com where people can get free legal advice from lawyers, consumers can go to Bills.com with questions about a variety of their financial concerns. Those questions then get answered by Stanford Business School graduates and other experts in their respective financial fields. The goal is to offer a forum for consumers to get free sound financial advice from the convenience of their home.
In 2011 Bills.com teamed up with Experian to offer a new service called DebtCoach. DebtCoach pulls credit reports for consumers and organizes all of their debt and recommends options to eliminate debt. The recommendations it makes are based on a comparison of the total costs of each debt-busting method.
Awards / Recognition
- Entrepreneur magazine names Bills.com #3 in the Hot 100, fastest growing companies in America.
- Bills.com is No. 17 on Inc. Magazine's Top 100 Financial Services Companies list for the year 2008.
- Bills.com Founders named to 40 Under 40 list in Silicon Valley.
- Recipient for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2008 Award in Northern California.
- Bills.com is No. 10 on Inc. Magazine's Top 100 Financial Services Companies list for the year 2009.
- Bills.com is No. 8 amongst Silicon Valley's 70 fastest-growing privately held companies.
- "Entrepreneur magazine". Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Inc. 500 2008". Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Silicon Valley Business Times article on 40 Under 40 award recipients". 2008-05-18. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Reuters article on Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2008 award recipients". 2008-06-23. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Inc. 500 2009". Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "FastPrivate 2009 Awards". 2009-10-09. Retrieved 2009-10-26.