Birch Point State Park
|Birch Point State Park|
|Maine State Park|
|Elevation||23 ft (7 m) |
|Area||98.6 acres (40 ha) |
|Management||Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
|Website: Birch Point State Park|
Birch Point State Park is a state park in Owls Head, Knox County, Maine. Birch Point is known for scenic views of Penobscot Bay as well as its crescent-shaped sand beach, known geologically as a "pocket beach." The park offers swimming, fishing, and picnicking.
- "Birch Point". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Li Yu Chan, Gordon Padelford, Theo Papademetriou. "The State of Maine's Environment 2010". Waterville, Me.: Colby College Environmental Studies Program. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "Birch Point State Park". Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "Birch Point Beach State Park, Owls Head, Mid-coast Maine". Geologic Site of the Month. Maine Geological Survey. June 2009. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- Birch Point State Park Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry