Black Cherry (band)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
|Labels||Black Cherry, Island, Def Jam, Digital Distribution|
|Past members||Robert Moore|
Black Cherry are a British/French electro pop band. The band was formed in London in 2007 by singer/songwriter Megane Quashie, drummer/producer Guilhem Fraisse and guitarist Robert Moore. After performing at Glastonbury 2008 on The Other Stage as well as many other festivals that year, Black Cherry release their first EP 'This is Control' in the beginning of 2009 and embarked on an American Tour. After playing a number of festivals including Hungary's Balaton Sounds the band lost guitarist Robert Moore after he died. The band's second EP "The Preface" was dedicated to his memory. After playing at Glastonbury Festival again in 2010 festival organiser Michael Eavis called them "The best looking band at the festival". In 2011 the played at South by Southwest Festival and toured America. In Summer the band announced the release of their double A-Side "One Another"/"Lost in the System" on August 29th to be distributed by Island/Def Jam Records and received positive reviews in The Guardian Newspaper. The band are currently working on a full length album.
- Additional touring members
- "This is Control" (EP)
|3.||"Cops and Robbers"||3:53|
- "The Preface" (EP)
|3.||"Modern Lover (Killer Whale remix)"||5:39|
|4.||"Fake Blood (Yam Who? remix)"||3:59|
|5.||"Diamonds & Pearls"||3:18|
- 'Modern Lover' off their forthcoming album White Gold was used in a J.C. Penney advertising campaign.
- 'One Another' off their forthcoming album White Gold was used in a Brown Thomas advertising campaign.
- "Interview with Megane Quashie in The Independent Newspaper". Independent.co.uk. 2008-12-13. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- Cragg, Michael (2011-07-22). "One Another/Lost in the System Single Review". The Guardian. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- by makeitwork. "JC Penney Advert on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- by Brown Thomas. "Brown Thomas New Designer Collections". youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.