|Type of site||Online horror film-related database and reviewer|
|Created by||Brad Miska
Bloody Disgusting is a website that covers horror films with reviews, interviews and news. It is run by Brad Miska (who uses the pseudonym "Mr. Disgusting"), and Tom Owen. By 2007, the site had 1.5 million unique visitors and 20 million page views each month. It is widely considered to be the "world's most popular horror website".
Formed in 2002, Bloody Disgusting was one of the first online challengers to horror mainstays like Fangoria magazine. It has seen significant competition from Comcast and Sony's Fearnet. But unlike competitors such as Fearnet or Fangoria, Bloody Disgusting is largely "independent" with Miska and Owen maintaining editorial control. Accordingly, Syfy chose it as their site of the week in August 2007. In September 2007, it was purchased by The Collective, a Beverly Hills based management company. According to Variety, it will be a source of new talent for the company.
In 2009, Bloody Disgusting made the video of the Deathcore band Suicide Silence for Kevin Greutert's movie Saw VI. Bloody Disgusting has also been quoted in movie trailers and advertisements for a number of horror films, including 30 Days of Night and Feast.
- "Dread Central & Home Media Magazine Announce Second Annual Reaper Awards!". Dread Central. July 15, 2010. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Hefflinger, Mark (13 September 2007). "The Collective Buys Horror Film Site Bloody-Disgusting.com". DMW Daily. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Big Screen Entertainment Group's Babysitter Chosen for Bloody-Disgusting.com Horror Hound Festival". Premiere News. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Bloody-Disgusting Tears It Up This Halloween, Thanks to You!". Bloody-Disgusting.com. 27 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "bloody-disgusting.com". Internet Archive. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Horror Hound Faq". Horror Hound. Archived from the original on 2007-10-09. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Bloody-Disgusting vs Fearnet". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Parsons, Ryan. "Bloody-Disgusting Now a Collective Effort". CanMag.com. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- "Bloody Disgusting". SciFi.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Graser, Marc (12 September 2007). "Collective nabs Bloody-Disgusting". Variety. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Internet Archive. "Searched for http://youtube.com". Century Media, Trustkill. Retrieved 2009-07-11.
- 30 Days of Night trailer at YouTube
- Feast trailer at YouTube