Prior to his election to the House, Bethell served as mayor of the town of Alden, Kansas. He had also worked as a long term care administrator, pastor, high school vice principal, middle school principal, and college director of admissions.
Bethell died May 20, 2012, after a one-car accident on Interstate 70 in Wabaunsee County, Kansas, on his way home from the conclusion of the 2012 Kansas House of Representatives legislative session. He was 69.
- Commerce and Labor
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice
- Aging and Long Term Care (Chair)
- Joint Committee on Health Policy Oversight
- Joint Committee on Home and Community Based Services Oversight (Vice-Chair)
- "Biography: Representative Bob Bethell". votesmart.org: Project Vote Smart. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- John Milburn (May 21, 2012). "Kansas Rep. Bethell of Alden dies in car accident". The Wichita Eagle. Wichita, Kansas. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Bob Bethell
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010