January 31, 1987 |
St. Charles, MO, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||223 lb (101 kg; 15 st 13 lb)|
Brandon Bollig (born January 31, 1987) is an American professional ice hockey player. He currently plays for the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League (NHL). An undrafted player, Bollig signed with the Chicago Blackhawks organization in 2010 after playing college hockey for Saing Lawrence University. He made his NHL debut in 2012 and was a member of Chicago's Stanley Cup championship team in 2013. The Flames acquired Bollig in a draft-day trade in 2014.
On February 28, 2012, Bollig was called up to the NHL after the Blackhawks traded John Scott to the New York Rangers. Bollig made his NHL debut on February 29, 2012, taking on the role of an enforcer. Bollig scored his first NHL goal on April 14, 2012, in a playoff game against Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Bollig won his first Stanley Cup championship in 2013 as the Blackhawks defeated the Boston Bruins in the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals. He was the first player from St. Louis to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup.
|2008–09||St. Lawrence University||ECAC||36||6||7||13||51||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||St. Lawrence University||ECAC||42||7||18||25||83||—||—||—||—||—|
- National Hockey League (2011). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2012. Dan Diamond and Associates, Inc. p. 281. ISBN 978-1-894801-22-5.
- Hawks' Rookie Enforcer is All Smiles – Gapers Block Tailgate | Chicago. Gapersblock.com (2012-03-15). Retrieved on 2012-05-13.
- Kuc, Chris (15 April 2012). "Blackhawks even series with 4–3 victory in OT". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Blackhawks Defeate Bruins for Stanley Cup". New York Times. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Bollig returns to roots with Stanley Cup in St. Louis". NHL.com. 2013-08-02. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
- Rosen, Dan (1 October 2013). "Blackhawks raise banner, top Capitals in opener". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Defiance (2002) IMDb.com