Brice de Nice
|Brice de Nice|
|Directed by||James Huth|
|Produced by||Eric Altmayer
|Written by||Karine Angeli
|Based on||Character "Brice de Nice" by Jean Dujardin|
|Distributed by||TFM Distribution|
|Running time||98 min|
Brice de Nice is a 2005 French comedy film directed by James Huth, written by Huth, Jean Dujardin, and Karine Angeli, and starring Dujardin. It is set in France, centering on the character Brice of Nice ("Brice de Nice") created by Dujardin for a stage sketch.
The main character, a thirty-something surfer named Brice, lives for one thing: the perfect wave to surf, despite the fact that Nice lies on a completely waveless bay on the Mediterranean Sea. While waiting, he uses his rich father's money to throw outrageous parties and develop hilarious insults, as well as worship the film Point Break.
When his father is arrested for money laundering, however, things change: Brice's life comes crashing down around him, and after failing to hold down a job, he soon finds himself attempting bank robbery. He lands in hospital after the failed robbery attempt, and runs away from there with the guy whose scooter he hijacked while escaping the bank. The two become friends.
Stealing Brice's father's lawyer's wife's truck, the two cross France to the Atlantic coast to attend a world surfing championship at Hossegor. With $100,000 in prize money, winning the tournament seems the only chance for the two to help themselves: Brice needs the money to support his lavish lifestyle, while his friend needs it for an operation in his foot (because he has one toe).
Brice "talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk", and, predictably, fails at the surf competition. Though all seems lost, the two eventually find success of a sort: Brice surfs his perfect wave, while his friend sets off to travel the world with his newfound love.
- Jean Dujardin – Brice Agostini aka Brice of Nice
- Clovis Cornillac – Marius Lacaille
- Élodie Bouchez – Jeanne
- Bruno Salomone – Igor of Hossegor
- Alexandra Lamy – Chantal the mermaid / Alice of Nice
- François Chattot – Bertrand Agostini, Brice's father
- Mathias Mlekuz – Eudes Angellini, Agostini's lawyer
- Patrick Ligardes – Bank manager
- Isabelle Caubère – Josie
- Delphine Chanéac – Marjorie
- Sabine Crossen – Mother-In-Law
- Antoine Duléry – Micky, the legend
- Jérémie Quaegebeur – Victor
- Sidney Wernicke – Nikos of Mykonos
- Julia Molkhou – Gladys, the queen of kiss
- Cyril Guei – Babakar of Dakar
- Eric Poulain – Surfin's broadcaster
- Lannick Gautry – Arnaud of Lacanau
- Priscilla Lopes – Natachatte
- Audrey Lamy
|This article related to a French film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|