|Born||Brittany Leanna Robertson
April 18, 1990
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
Brittany Leanna "Britt" Robertson (born April 18, 1990) is an American actress. She was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her film debut in The Ghost Club (2003) and her subsequent films include Keeping Up with the Steins (2006), Dan In Real Life (2007), The Tenth Circle (2008), Mother and Child (2009), Scream 4 (2011) and Delivery Man (2013). Her television series work include Swingtown (2008), Life Unexpected (2010–11), The Secret Circle (2011–12) and Under the Dome (2013–present).
Robertson was born in Charlotte, North Carolina, the daughter of Beverly (née Hayes) and Ryan Robertson. She grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, where she first aspired to act. She is the oldest of seven children, with three brothers and three sisters, and was homeschooled by her mother. She stayed in Chester, South Carolina with her grandparents, Shuler and Jerry Robertson, for a couple of months while filming The Ghost Club.
Robertson first appeared before an audience when performing various roles on stage at the Greenville Little Theater in her home town. At age twelve, Robertson began making extended trips to Los Angeles to audition for roles in television series an landed a spot in a television pilot for a series which was never picked up by a network. Her first big break came when she was selected to play Michelle Seaver in the Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers. Her most notable role to date is that of Cara Burns in the 2007 film Dan In Real Life. Robertson appeared in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in the episode "Go to Hell", and had a role as a recurring character in the CBS television series Swingtown.
In 2009, she played a small role as DJ in The Alyson Stoner Project. She also made a guest appearance on Law and Order: SVU in the episode "Babes" as Tina Bernardi, a Catholic teen who gets pregnant in a pact. In 2010, she starred in The CW's show Life Unexpected as Lux Cassidy, a teenager who, while in the process of being emancipated, gets back in her birth parents' lives. In late autumn 2010, she starred as Allie Pennington in the Disney Channel original film Avalon High, which is based on Meg Cabot's book of the same name. 
- Upstate teen gets big break in sitcom pilot
- Britt Robertson THE SECRET CIRCLE Interview | Collider
- 5 Things to Know About Life Unexpected’s Britt Robertson - TV News : People.com
- NewsLibrary.com - newspaper archive, clipping service - newspapers and other news sources
- Brittany Robertson is a 'real life' Hollywood actress
- "Brittany Robertson is a 'real life' Hollywood Actress." GreenvilleOnline.com.
- 'Swingtown' Premieres Tonight
- The Tenth Circle | Variety
- 'The Tenth Circle' is full of evil - NY Daily News
- Family Channel | AVALON HIGH HEADLINES FAMILY CHANNEL'S NIGHT OF PREMIERES ON NOVEMBER 12, PREMIERING DAY AND DATE WITH THE U.S. PREMIERE ON DISNEY CHANNEL
- Secret Circle: worth watching? | canceled + renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 25, 2013). "'Life Unexpected's' Britt Robertson Joins CBS' 'Under the Dome'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Britt Robertson Lands Key Role in George Clooney's 'Tomorrowland'
|Find more about Britt Robertson at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|