||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||Bruce Peter Weitz
May 27, 1943
Norwalk, Connecticut, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Cecilia Hart (1971-1982; divorced)
Vivian Davis (1986-present; 1 child)
Bruce Peter Weitz (born May 27, 1943) is an American actor. He is perhaps best known for his role as Sgt. Michael "Mick" Belker in the 1980s TV series Hill Street Blues for which he won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 1984.
Weitz appeared in the 1998 hit film Deep Impact and also appeared in the films Half Past Dead and El Cortez (2005). Some of his many guest appearances on television include NYPD Blue, Quincy, Midnight Caller, Sisters, Superman: The Animated Series as Bruno Mannheim, JAG, The X-Files, The West Wing, and Highlander: The Series.
He portrayed Anthony Zacchara on General Hospital from October to November 2007; from January 2008 to March 2009; on July 10, 2009; on August 13, 2009; and on September 3, 2009 to present. The character was shot and killed by his Grandson Johnny Zacchara on May 22, 2012. According to Daytime Confidential Anthony will be sticking around to haunt Johnny "for a stretch of time".
Weitz married actress Cecilia Hart in 1971. They were divorced in 1982, shortly after which she married actor James Earl Jones. In 2001, Weitz was named honorary mayor of Reseda, Los Angeles. He has one son, Joseph Weitz who goes to Occidental College, California.
- Imps* (2009) as Larry
- CSI (2008) (1 episode) as Leon Slocomb
- Quality Time (2008) as Jack Savage
- Triloquist (2008) (Voice) as Dummy
- General Hospital (October 19 - November 2007; January - March 2, 2008; July 10, 2009; August 13, 2009; September 2009–present) as Anthony Zacchara
- Dexter (2007) (1 episode) as Lenny Asher
- The Metrosexual (2007) as Lou Bremer
- The Dukes (2007) as Toulio
- Though None Go with Me (2006) as Will Bishop
- El Cortez (2006)
- Ghost Whisperer (2005) (1 episode) as Tobias Northrop
- Grey's Anatomy (2005) (1 episode) as Edward Levangie
- The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald (1998) as Blather
- Dinocroc (2004) as Dr. Campell
- Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (2004) (1 episode) as Wes Kenner
- The Entrepreneurs (2003) as Xavier Felix
- The Practice (2003) (1 episode) as D.A. Robert Webb
- ER (2003) (4 episodes) as Alderman John Bright
- The Guardian (2002–2003) (2 episodes) as Jake's Father
- Judging Amy (2002–2003) (5 episodes) as Martin
- Third Watch (2002) (1 episode) as Uncle Max
- Joe and Max (2002) (TV) as Mike Jacobs
- Half Past Dead (2002)
- Mach 2 (2001) as Phil Jefferson
- Focus (2001)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- Velocity Trap (1997)
- Coyote Summer (1996) as Snapper
- Her Hidden Truth (1995)
- Prehysteria! 3 (1995)
- The X-Files (1995) as Moe Bocks
- WindRunner: A Spirited Journey (1994) as Coach Woodson
- The Byrds of Paradise (1994) as Dr. Murray Rubenstein
- Highlander: The Series (season 2) (1994) (1 episode) as Tommy Sullivan
- The Liar's Club (1993)
- Anything but Love (1991–1992) as Mike Urbanek
- Rainbow Drive (1990)
- Fair Game (1989 one-hour pilot)
- Mama's Boy (1987–1988) as Jake McCaskey
- Hill Street Blues (1981–1987) as Detective Michael "Mick" Belker
- Death of a Centerfold: The Dorothy Stratten Story (1981) as Paul Snider
- Emmy Awards official website, last accessed December 3, 2007.
- "Bruce Weitz Biography (1943-)". Filmreference.com. 1943-05-27. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Bruce Weitz biography at Soap Opera Digest website[dead link]