8 December 1897|
|Died||11 August 1982
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–1920
|Commands held||215. Infanterie-Division
Infanterie-Division Theodor Körner
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police Officer|
Bruno Frankewitz (8 December 1897 – 11 August 1982) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the 215. Infanterie-Division. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Bruno Frankewitz was captured by American troops in May 1945 and was held until 1947.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (7 August 1915)
- 1st Class (27 January 1918)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Cross of Honor
- Sudetenland Medal with Prague Castle Bar
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (21 September 1939)
- 1st Class (3 October 1939)
- Eastern Front Medal
- General Assault Badge
- German Cross in Gold (1 April 1942)
- Order of the Cross of Liberty 2nd Class with Swords (29 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (6 February 1944 and 29 December 1944)
- Armband Courland
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 155.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 82.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
General der Infanterie Baptist Knieß
|Commander of 215. Infanterie-Division
12 November 1942 – 6 April 1945
Formed from the remnants of 215. Infanterie-Division
|Commander of Infanterie-Division Theodor Körner
6 April 1945 – 8 May 1945