|Born||Bryan Grey Yambao
March 21, 1981
Bryan Grey Yambao, better known by the pen name of Bryanboy, is a Filipino fashion blogger. A former web developer, he started blogging at age 24 from his parents' Manila home. His eponymous blog won the 2007 Philippine Blog Award for Best Fashion & Lifestyle Blog. The New York Post named him one of the nine hottest internet celebrities, and news.com.au has called him "one of Fashion 2.0’s biggest superstars" and a "phenom in the fashion blogosphere". His blog, called "hysterically camp" by the Sydney Morning Herald, is known for its "witty and often bitchy commentary." He has been featured on the panel of Cycle 19 America's Next Top Model, Season 19 as the social media correspondent.
Bryanboy fans often send in photos of themselves in his signature pose—standing with hips thrust to one side and a handbag in an outstretched arm—or with handwritten signs declaring "I <3 Bryanboy"; celebrity participants have included Marc Jacobs, Tanya Dziahileva, Alexandra Agoston, and Rachel Clark. Though no brand spokesman commented on the matter, it was reported that Bryanboy's trademark pose was referenced in two 2006 Fendi advertisements. Marc Jacobs named a handbag after him (the BB ostrich bag) after Bryanboy posted about it in his blog.
An exposé in the September 2012 issue of Rogue Magazine alleged that Bryanboy was involved in the creation of the gossip website ChikaTime and that his lavish spending is inconsistent with his purported roots and may be funded illegally, as well as pretending to be rich when he actually came from a poor family .
- Rekhi, Shefali. "Asia's Blog Stars". The Straits Times (May 25, 2008).
- "The 2007 Philippine Blog Awards winners". Philippineblogawards.com.ph (March 31, 2007). Retrieved on August 4, 2008.
- "9 hottest celebs on the web". New York Post (April 15, 2007).
- Huntington, Patty. "We heart Bryanboy! Oz Fashion Week gets well-and-truly blogged". News.com.au (April 18, 2008). Retrieved on August 4, 2008.
- Hornery, Andrew. "PS Catwalk". Sydney Morning Herald (May 3, 2008).
- Wells, Rachel. "Have laptop, will travel: bloggers arrive on fashion's front row". Sunday Age (May 4, 2008).
- "Fendi loves Bryanboy". Queerty.com (August 16, 2006). Retrieved on August 4, 2008.
- Huntington, Patty. "A bridge too fey? Bryanboy threatens to take product placement to new heights". News.com.au (April 21, 2008). Retrieved on August 4, 2008.
- Safe, Georgina. "Logged in the laptops of luxury". The Australian (April 30, 2008).
- Bryanboy "Will the Real Bryanboy Please Stand Up?". Rogue Magazine (September 6, 2012). For the full article of Bryanboy Exposé investigation: Rogue Magazine September Issue/ Bryanboy Exposé on Zinio