Butterflies (1993 film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Directed by||Rajiv Anchal|
|Produced by||Menaka Sureshkumar|
|Written by||A. K. Sajan|
S. P. Venkatesh
|Edited by||N. Gopalakrishnan|
|Distributed by||Surya Cini Arts
Butterflies is a 1993 Malayalam-language Indian romantic comedy film directed by Rajiv Anchal, starring Mohanlal, Aishwarya and Nassar in lead roles. Aishwarya plays the role of twin sisters in this movie.
The movie was produced by Menaka Sureshkumar under the banner of Revathi Kalamandhir and was distributed by Surya Cini Arts And Sudev Release. The film was shot in Bangalore, India after the originally planned film Australia was dropped.
Prince (Mohanlal) is a race car driver and the son of industrialist Bharathan Menon. He and his friend Vettikkal Sadashivan (Jagadish) try to kidnap a girl because her lover wants to free her from her father's house arrest. But, by mistake, they kidnap another girl named Anju. The ladies' hostel matron does not allow her to continue her stay there after she vanishes at night. This girl becomes difficult for Prince and Sadasivan to handle.
Vettikkal sees a picture of a girl in newspaper who is dead and who looks like Anju. The news reporter and his wife reveal that Anju is the daughter of Major Devan Nambiar and that the dead girl was her twin sister, Manju. Two years ago, Manju was raped by a few guys taker her father as a hostage. After that, she killed herself in front of her father. Later, Major Devan Nambiar killed her daughter's rapists and he was sentenced to death by the court. Anju plans to commit suicide at the same time her father is executed and Prince tries to save her.
- Mohanlal as Prince
- Jagadish as Vettikkal Sadashivan
- Aishwarya as Manju and Anju
- Prem Kumar
- N. F. Varghese
- Kalpana as Parukkutty
- K. P. Ummer as Bharathan Menon
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Krishnan Eradi
- Sukumari as Sreedevi
- Rahul Easwar (Child Artist)
- Cinematography: J. Williams
- Editing: N. Gopalakrishnan
- Makeup: P. V. Sankar, Salim
- Costumes: Mahi, Murali
- Choreography: Suchithra
- Stunts: Pazhaniraj
- Advertisement: Radhakrishnan
- Processing: Gemini Colour Lab
- Stills: Suresh Merlin
- Effects: Murukesh
- Sound mixing: Balasubramani
- PRO: Vazhoor Jose
- Production controller: Kalliyoor Sasi
- Outdoors: Meriland
- Liaison: Roy P. Mathew, Sudheer
- Associate director: M. A. Venu
- Executive producer: Sandeep Senan
The movie has 6 songs composed by Raveendran and written by K. Jayakumar. The songs were distributed by Lahari.
- Songs list
- Vaa vaa manoranjini: M. G. Sreekumar
- Minnaminni koodum thedi: Unni Menon, K. S. Chithra
- Kanyasudha: M. G. Sreekumar, Sujatha Mohan
- Pon Thidambu: Mohanlal, Raveendran, Pradeep
- Koottinilam kili: Unni Menon, K. S. Chithra
- Paal nilavile: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
- "The Silver Screen Jinx". newindianexpress. 27 December 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-29.