Candas Jane Dorsey
Born and still living in Edmonton, Alberta, Dorsey became a writer from an early age, and a freelance writer since 1980. She writes across genre boundaries, writing poetry, fiction, mainstream and speculative, short and long form, arts journalism and arts advocacy. Dorsey has also written television and stage scripts, magazine and newspaper articles, and reviews.
Dorsey currently teaches, does workshops and readings. She has served on the executive board of the Writers' Guild of Alberta and is a founder of SF Canada. In 1988, Dorsey received the Prix Aurora Award.
Dorsey was editor-in-chief of The Books Collective (River, Slipstream and Tesseract Books) from 1992 through 2005.
- Results of the Ring Toss - 1976
- Hardwired Angel - 1987
- Machine Sex and Other Stories - 1988
- Leaving Marks - 1992
- Black Wine - 1997 (winner, James Tiptree, Jr. Award, Crawford Award, Prix Aurora Awards)
- Vanilla and Other Stories - 2000
- A Paradigm of Earth - 2001