Detail of the structure of one of the exhibition halls in Pazhou.
|Literal meaning||China Import and Export Fair|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||Canton Fair|
Its full name since 2007 has been China Import and Export Fair (中国进出口商品交易会), renamed from Chinese Export Commodities Fair (中国出口商品交易会), also known as Canton Fair (广州交易会), which abbreviation is 广交会.
The Fair is the largest trade fair in China . Among China's largest trade fairs, it has the largest assortment of products, the largest attendance, and the largest number of business deals made at the fair. Like many trade fairs it has several traditions and functions as a comprehensive event of international importance.
Fifty trading delegations, being composed of thousands of China's best foreign trade corporations (enterprises), take part in the Fair. These include private enterprises, factories, scientific research institutions, wholly foreign-owned enterprises, and foreign trade companies. The 101st fair saw 314 different companies from 36 countries.
The fair leans to export trade, though import business is also done here. Apart from the above-mentioned, various types of business activities such as economic and technical cooperations and exchanges, commodity inspection, insurance, transportation, advertising, consultation, etc. are also carried out in flexible ways.
- First held: April 1957.
- Interval: Three phases per session; two sessions per year.
- Spring session: April 15–19 (Phase 1); April 23–27 (Phase 2); May 1–5 (Phase 3). (115th Session)
- Autumn session: October 15–19 (Phase 1); October 23–27 (Phase 2); October 31- November 4 (Phase 3).
- Gross exhibition space: 1,125,000 m².
- Number of booths: Over 55,800 standard stands (105th Session).
- Varieties: Over 150,000.
- Business turnover: 262.3 Million USD (105th Session).
- Number of trading countries and regions: 203 (103rd Session).
- Number of visitors: 165,436 (105th Session).
- Exhibitors: Over 22,000 (with 21,709 Chinese exhibitors, 395 international exhibitors, 105th Session).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canton Fair.|
- China Foreign Trade Centre, organizer of the Canton Fair
- The Ministry of Commerce of China, host of the Canton Fair
- The official website for China Import and Export Fair invitation
- A three part history of the Canton Fair
- A none official website for Canton Fair