|Born||17 May 1894
|Died||5 November 1992
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1912 - 1945|
|Commands held||76. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Carl Rodenburg (17 May 1894 – 5 November 1992) was a German general who commanded the 76. Infanterie-Division during the Battle of Stalingrad. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Carl Rodenburg was taken prisoner by Soviet troops on 31 January 1943, during the Battle of Stalingrad. He was held until 1955.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (25 April 1915)
- 1st Class (15 May 1917)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Knight's Cross Second Class of the Order of the Zähringer Lion with Swords
- Cross of Honor in 1934
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (17 May 1940)
- 1st Class (25 May 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (7 March 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
See also 
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 293.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 58.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
General der Artillerie Maximilian de Angelis
|Commander of 76. Infanterie-Division
26 January 1942 – 31 January 1943
General der Infanterie Erich Abraham