Carmela Corren is an Israeli-born singer and actress.
Carmela Corren (née Bizman) was born on February 13, 1938 in Tel Aviv. She dreamed of being a dancer but switched to singing in the wake of an injury.
The American television producer Ed Sullivan discovered Carmela Corren in 1956 during a work venture in Jerusalem. Carmela, just out of military service in the Israeli army, was persuaded to come to New York to appear on his show.
Carmela toured South Africa with Cliff Richard and sang in English clubs. Later on she starred in several films (music/homeland films) and television productions. With beginning of the 1960s, Carmela Corren became well known in Germany, as well as Switzerland and in Austria. First she signed to the Ariola label, then changed for 1966 to Vogue and 1968 she changed again to Decca.
From 1966 to 1970 she was married to the music producer Horst Geiger, with whom she had a daughter and a son. She is currently retired and lives in Florida.
Selected discography 
- Sei nicht traurig, geliebte Mama (You're Not Losing A Daughter, Mama) (1961)
- Eine Rose aus Santa Monica (1962)
- Wann kommt der Tag (1962)
- Vielleicht geschieht ein Wunder (1963) (Maybe A Miracle Will Happen)
- Wer in deine Augen sieht (1963)
- Rosen haben Dornen (1963)
- Einmal reicht uns das Glück seine Hände (1963)
- Abschiednehmen tut so weh (1965)
- Verzeih mir (1966)
- Die Liebe fängt mit Träumen an (1966)
- Alles war ein Traum (Même si tu revenais) (1967)
- Heiß wie die Sonne (1968) (Hot like the sun)
- Never, never, never (1979)
Selected filmography 
- Drei Liebesbriefe aus Tirol (1962)
- Zwischen Schanghai und St. Pauli (1962)
- Sing,aber spiel nicht mit mir (1963)
- Hochzeit am Neusiedler See (1963)
- Homepage of Carmela Corren (German)
- Austrian Song Contest Fanclub (German)
- Deutsche Schlagerfestspiele (German)
- IMDB profile (English)
|This Israeli biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|