Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
|Carrier Command: Gaea Mission|
Box Art for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
|Publisher(s)||Bohemia Interactive, Mastertronic, Rising Star Games|
|Distribution||DVD, Digital distribution|
Carrier Command is a real-time action/strategy game, where the overarching objective is to conquer and control islands. It features a 33-island archipelago on the moon Taurus.
The player's fundamental unit is the Carrier, from which they may deploy and dock up to four aerial units and four amphibious units. Other defensive and offensive systems are present, such as drones which protect the Carrier when under attack.
Battles take place in the air, on land, and in the sea. The player can take control of any deployed vehicle at any time.
Traveling between islands is real-time and seamless. Islands are composed of 6 distinct climatic zones, including Wastelands, Arctic, Marshlands, Volcanic, Mountains and Temperate. The game features real-time weather changes and day/night cycles.
Islands may be used, once controlled, in one of three ways: defense; mining; or production.
The story takes place on the planetoid of Taurus, a pivotal battleground in the war between two factions: the United Earth Coalition, and the Asian Pacific Alliance, the latter having gained control of Earth in an apocalyptic conflict.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)|
- "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will ship to Windows PC and Xbox 360". Bohemia Interactive. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission review". Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission UK release date confirmed". Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- >"Carrier Command: Gaea Mission WW release date confirmed". Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- Webb, Benjamin (29 September 2012). "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Review". Bohemia Interactive. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission". Metacritic. October 2, 2012. Archived from the original on 27 September 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- Griffiths, Daniel (2 October 2012). "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Review". Bohemia Interactive. Archived from the original on 2 October 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Reviews". Game Rankings. October 2, 2012. Archived from the original on August 9, 2013. Retrieved August 9, 2013.