Casey Burgener (born August 15, 1982) is a weightlifter for the United States. His coaches are Mike Burgener and Paul Fleschler. He was born to Leslie Burgener, who currently lives in the San Diego area.
Burgener initially was to compete at the 2008 Summer Olympics, but the US unexpectedly lost one of three country slots when lifters from other countries were disqualified, which changed the results of a qualification event.
On April 13, 2012 Burgener was commissioned as an Ensign in the United States Navy, and is currently in training to become a submarine officer.
- Casey Burgener is one of the strongest weightlifters in the USA and on the 8th of December 2002 he became the Junior American record holder of 165 kg snatch, 200 kg clean and jerk, and 365 kg total.
- At the 2004 Olympic Trials Casey broke the National record for the snatch in the 105 kg class with a 171 kg lift.
- Competed in four Junior and three Senior World Championships
- Silver in 2007 Pan American Games in +105 kg category.
- Gold in 2008 Pan American Championships in +105 kg category
Notes and references
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|